PDA

View Full Version : vss scaling in efilive please help!

TravisP78
December 15th, 2014, 07:17 PM
Im hoping someone can help me, im using the e67 with a gm performance loom from the states, onto a 5.3, into a Nissan patrol that has inductive vss, i cant seem to find where to scale it down in efilive, also when i first got it running it would not rev over 4000rpm, i have since had it mucked with and now it does rev but the tuner told me that it needs a speed sense to fall into lean cruise mode, this is new territory for me, can this be confirmed? also im using 26L every 100kms, not driving it hard. ive so far had it to 3 different people all requiring licenses to look at it, still not right, hoping someone can help me, I do have Efilive.
thanks in advance for any help.
Trav.

joecar
December 15th, 2014, 10:48 PM
Read the tune from the ECM and post it here.

TravisP78
December 16th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Read the tune from the ECM and post it here.

I think ive uploaded it,

TravisP78
December 17th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Can anyone help me?

joecar
December 17th, 2014, 03:55 PM
It's on my queue...

statesman
December 17th, 2014, 07:54 PM
also im using 26L every 100kms, not driving it hard.

Have you checked for fuel leaks?

TravisP78
December 18th, 2014, 12:44 AM
Yeah no fuel leaks

joecar
December 18th, 2014, 08:41 AM
Look in the Speedo segment...

what transmission are you using...?

TravisP78
December 18th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Full manualised 4 speed auto

TravisP78
December 18th, 2014, 10:09 AM
I've looked in the speedo segment, what am i looking for

Taz
December 18th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Do you have a copy of the original GMPP tune ? (before multiple people had a go at the problem).

Was the GMPP ECM originally for use with a manual transmission or an automatic transmission ?

What type of VSS sensor (or pulse generator are you using) ?

I take it you are not using a TCM of any sort ? (given the full manual automatic transmission)

TravisP78
December 18th, 2014, 11:06 AM
I do have a copy of it, ill upload it, the vss is inductive same as the ls, i just want to scale it down to suit the nissan side, from what ive been lead to believe its 1/10.000th of the Ls signal, i'n not using any computer at all for the auto.17835

Taz
December 18th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Thanks for posting the original tune ... makes identifying changes easier (never have the time to go through tunes line by line).

Need some specific information on your VSS setup.

The original 4L60/65/70 had a 40 tooth VSS reluctor. Aftermarket VSS pulse generators can be 4K / 8K / 16K, etc.

Do you know how many teeth are on your particular VSS generator ? Is it a cable drive type - from the transmission or transfer case in the Nissan Patrol ?

Also, are you using the GMPP "blade" style MAF ? For some reason many of the DTCs for the MAF & IAT were adjusted.

The tune you originally posted is about halfway between an automatic and a manual.

Once you provide a little more information, I will do my best to put together a tune for you to try out.

TravisP78
December 18th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Its full electronic vss so no cable at all, i honestly don't know how many tooth vss it is, it seems difficult to find info on the nissan stuff, yes it has the blade style maf, im not sure whats been adjusted to be honest, in my mind being fully manualised auto i thought to have the conputer think its manual would be better. it dosent use electric fans for cooling as this is a 5.3 truck motor it has a engine driven fan factory. Also when your looking at the original tune it was ment for vvt, my mistake when i bought the loom and computer from jegs. I was told it was a vvt engine which it is not, it does have cylinder displacement butbits not hooked up. I also had to change the MAP to a ls3 style as it wouldnt run. Ill try and find some info on the nissan vss.

Chevy366
December 18th, 2014, 12:56 PM
There is a kit to convert to GM compatible -- http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=109/prd109.htm

TravisP78
December 21st, 2014, 11:41 AM
Thanks for that, though i do not want to loose my speedo. If i were to use this kit Ill loose my speedo.

TravisP78
April 12th, 2015, 10:52 AM
IS there anywhere in efi live were you can change the speed in the computer?