PDA

View Full Version : Are all 0411 PCMs the same hardware?

TrendSetter
December 16th, 2014, 03:45 AM
I have been reading up on the different o2 sensor configurations in regards to case grounds and isolated grounds.

Does anyone know if that requirement is driven by the hardware or by the operating system?

will the vin that is stored in the pcm be accurate to determine which o2 sensors it wants to see?

picnic_george
December 16th, 2014, 06:38 AM
I'd like to know too.

I do know that I've had an 0411 out of a 4.3l olds bravada and another one from an 8.1l hd silverado and I rewrote the v6 pcm to an 01 fbody OS and the 8.1l to an 02 corvette OS and both worked flawlessly on the cars I used them in. So I assume they're all the same. I may be incorrect though.

The vin flashed in the PCM should just tell it what the year make and model is. Nothing more as far as I can tell.

TrendSetter
December 16th, 2014, 06:53 AM
is it the year/make/model of the original vehicle or does it get updated with the new OS? the way i have seen people determine which type of o2 sensor you need is by the original vehicle configuration, which is why i was curious about that.

picnic_george
December 16th, 2014, 07:00 AM
You have to physically enter the VIN # in and it changes it. But I don't think it does anything for o2 sensors or any other parameter for that matter. That's in the OS and whatever settings are in the tune. I don't want to be spewing bad info here, I may be wrong. But I've never experienced an issue myself.

joecar
December 16th, 2014, 08:19 AM
When you look at wiring diagrams you will see Y-car/F-car had isolated grounds, trucks had case grounds, and the GTO had controlled grounds (PWM by PCM)... and they all used the 0411 PCM.

TrendSetter
December 16th, 2014, 08:24 AM
so the hardware is all the same for every 0411 and the OS just manages it differently?

ScarabEpic22
December 16th, 2014, 11:11 AM
(This might only be for the 03-07 LS1 PCMs, but) I thought I remember hearing that there are some that do not have and cannot run the ETC/DBW in some vehicles...like the 02 Escalade.

The OS is what controls everything, the 0411 is the hardware number of the physical PCM. Just remember this only works like this for the LS1 PCM, Gen IV+ are much pickier.

Lextech
December 17th, 2014, 06:28 AM
All 12200411 PCMs are the same. It is the calibration that determines PCM grounded or case grounded O2 sensors or DBC/DBW. The wiring will obviously need to match what the calibration is.

Jeff