PDA

View Full Version : Custom 3 bar OS problem

PSI
December 21st, 2014, 11:44 AM
Hi guys , first time poster, so take it easy on me :D .
I am swapping a 6.0 lq4/4l80e into a 2009 jeep wrangler . The powertrain is out of a 2003 chevy silverado 2500hd . Its has l92 heads , ls3 intake , 87mm truck throttle body and 60lb fast injectors . The fuel system is a return style ,manifold vacuum referenced set at 58 psi. I am using a gm 3 bar map sensor . So I installed the custom OS , changing the map scaling, injector data and ETC data . I havent touched the VE table or anything else , just followed the tutorial. I tried starting it the first time , and it ran very rough running super lean at like 19-20:1 AFR wouldn't rev and died after a bit . Verified the map was reading good at 99-100 kpa. All the temp sensor had sane readings . Tried increasing VE to see if it would the affect AFR . Didn't make much of a difference .Couldn't do a CASE relearn because , it could barely hold an idle and if tried revving it would just die. I started looking for mechanical problems , fuel pressure stayed steady. I thought maybe the injectors were the culprit since i bought them used .I swapped to some 42 lb ls3 injectors that I had laying around . Changed the injector data accordingly , but the results were the same, ran rough everything was out of whack :unsure: .
So I flashed back to stock OS to see if it ran with that . Just changed the injector and map sensor data to match . Viola it started up right away , ran super smooth , revved out nicely , which was a relief lol because I know now there are no major mechanical or wiring issues . Thinking maybe something went wrong when I flashed the custom OS the first time ,I tried it again but still didn't help . The software and firmware are upto date.
I'll attach my tune files of both the stock OS and the 3 bar OS. The injector data is for the 42lb ones since thats what I have in there for now. See if anything looks out of whack or something silly that I missed out on .

joecar
December 21st, 2014, 01:27 PM
Did you set rail pressure with FPR reference hose temporarily disconnected...?

Is the file "jeep_original_modified_0000.ctz" the "stock" file...?

PSI
December 21st, 2014, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the reply joecar , yes the rail pressure was set with FPR vacuum hose disconnected . Yes the "jeep_original_modified_0000.ctz" is the stock os file with a few changes for the map , injectors and 87mm tb.

5.7ute
December 21st, 2014, 04:29 PM
Did you check the other custom tables have sane values. (I don't have Efilive on this pc to check)

PSI
December 21st, 2014, 04:36 PM
Yes , just like it said in the tutorial I changed the values in the custom tables accordingly . Should I try a custom OS from a different year or would that cause problems ? Like say 2004 ?

5.7ute
December 21st, 2014, 05:02 PM
I would keep to the COS that your stock tune uses.

PSI
December 22nd, 2014, 10:43 AM
Help me out guys , gotta get my jeep running , don't know what to do or look for completely clueless. I have installed the custom os and tuned my 2001 Camaro with a ls1 before , I never had any trouble with that , followed the same exact steps with the jeep and its not working out .

PSI
December 22nd, 2014, 01:41 PM
ok so after flashing it a 1000 times with different OS and calibrations lol it works . Didn't do anything different has the same OS and calibration as I posted above but for some reason it works now :wtf1: . Thanks everybody for your help , now to tune the VE table and get the idle right .