PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Siliverado tuning problem

efilivesteven
December 23rd, 2014, 11:38 AM
I purchased a License to tune my truck ( 2014 Silverado ). I went on the ECM tune file and turned the speed Limiter off. Now here is my problem I tried to load the ECM with the updated tune and it wouldn't give me the option to load the current calibration to the trucks ECM. It would only let me load tunes to the transmission's computer so now my license I got is locked to the trans and I still cant load tunes to the trucks ECM. Do I have to have 2 licenses to tune my truck or did I do something wrong?

GMPX
December 23rd, 2014, 11:43 AM
No one license is used for both ECM and TCM.
Are you using V8 to flash your tune? V7.5 cannot be used to flash the E92.

efilivesteven
December 23rd, 2014, 11:54 AM
Im using v7.5 everytime I try to use the v8 it says its not yet available and that I have to use v7.5 to tune with? I have checked to see if I need to update and it says that I ave the latest version of both v7.5 and v8.

GMPX
December 23rd, 2014, 11:58 AM
Software Version

Purpose

V8

Flashes the late model E39, E78, E83 & E92 controllers.
Maintaining the bootblock and firmware versions on the EFILive FlashScan V2 and AutoCal devices.

V7

Modifications to the ECM calibration are made using the V7 Tune Tool application. The modified calibration is then flashed into the ECM (again using V8).
Logging of real-time data from the vehicle is done using the V7 Scan Tool application.

This was just grabbed from one of our user guides.
So use the V7.5 tune tool to edit your file.
Read/Reflash it with V8.

efilivesteven
December 23rd, 2014, 12:02 PM
I will try that thanks for the help

efilivesteven
December 23rd, 2014, 12:13 PM
I just wanna say thanks again I got it to work with your help

GMPX
December 23rd, 2014, 12:39 PM
Very good :)