PDA

View Full Version : Wheres My Timing At?

Forcefedperformance
May 1st, 2006, 06:24 PM
We Are Tuning A 01 Z06 Vette With A Custom Op (202003) and are having a little issue. The Car Is a fully built 382 LS6 with a F1-C Procharger making about 15 psi. Between 170-180 kpa I lose timing, 3 degrees at first and then about 1 1/2 after that. I have checked TQ mangment, enabled forced octane scaler, all air temp and coolant temp modifiers and everything else I could think of. What am I missing? Can I log some pids to figure it out? :help2:

P.S On a side note when changing to a custom os on a car with a auto trans and no maf how does the trans know when to shift ?

Thanks, Bill
www.ForceFedPerformance.com

wait4me
May 1st, 2006, 06:32 PM
Bill, ill be back in town on wednesday, give me a call and ill explain some things for you. Jes

VYSSLS1
May 2nd, 2006, 02:55 AM
the transmission will shift on the vehicle speed sensor, and wot rpm.

VYSSLS1
May 2nd, 2006, 03:11 AM
also check what you have entered in B6210 and B6212 and A0010

i hope this helps.

Forcefedperformance
May 2nd, 2006, 03:38 PM
We are not seeing any knock....its just really weird. We are no strangers to tunning the ls1 motor, we have just been using ls1 edit for the past 3 years and just switched over to efilive in the past 8 months. At 5000-6000 it just pulls timing for no aperent reason other then it hates me...lol.
Its making 600 HP At 5000 at 10 psi. I just want to finish tunning this thing and get it out of my hair.:help2:

Thanks, Bill
www.Forcefedperformance.com (http://www.Forcefedperformance.com)

GMPX
May 2nd, 2006, 11:14 PM
Bill, there is some specific spark PID's you could log.
GM.EST_TRQ_DMA
GM.EST_KRB_DMA

First is spark retard due to calculated torque limits being reached.
The second is of course Burst Knock, sometimes when running with no maf (I assume that combo is) burst knock can false trigger, as VYSSLS1 suggested, B6210 is the answer to that.
Make sure you turn that forced octane scaler off when done!!

Cheers,
Ross

Forcefedperformance
May 3rd, 2006, 01:02 PM
Thanks for your help i will try those but have 2 questions.

1. I was under the impression the burst knock was only on tip in?

2. i have rasied the torque to the max setting, if the computer is still pulling timing because of the torque how do i get around it?

P.S Yes there no maf

Thanks, Bill

VYSSLS1
May 4th, 2006, 01:32 AM
We are not seeing any knock....its just really weird. We are no strangers to tunning the ls1 motor, we have just been using ls1 edit for the past 3 years and just switched over to efilive in the past 8 months. At 5000-6000 it just pulls timing for no aperent reason other then it hates me...lol.
Its making 600 HP At 5000 at 10 psi. I just want to finish tunning this thing and get it out of my hair.:help2:

Thanks, Bill

hey bill, no need to get on your high horse, you asked for help, and i thought id help, little things can be overlooked when getting fustrated, i hope this info helps.

anyway, how did you go, did you get it sorted out.

Cheers