PDA

View Full Version : Help with EFI LBZ duramax tune!

autorevolution
December 31st, 2014, 03:34 AM
I bought v2 over a year ago and had a friend put a tune he already had on his laptop on my truck. seems to be a pretty good tune but my dsp5 seems to go 1,2,3,2,1. pedal picks up heavily between 1,2,3 but then right back down in positions 4,5. also, the truck runs filthy rich at idle and seems like the vanes should be open more at idle. i attempted to mess with it some last night and my v2 is a paperweight (it won't communicate with the truck or even read the tune that's on it). honestly, i think I've got downloading a tune to my v2 figured out, but that's about all I've figured out about the program(s) so far. can anybody lend some info here, maybe a known good tune that i can start with (veh info in sig). thanks in advance, just don't wanna see all that money wasted!

cindy@efilive
December 31st, 2014, 12:24 PM
EFILive is tuning software. FlashScan v2 gives you the ability to create your own tunes. You should build your tune file from scratch if your having problems with the tune, or purchase a tune for your vehicle from a reputable tuner. At the end of the day the quality of the tune is a direct reflection of the skills of the person using the keyboard.

Regarding your FlashScan v2 comms issues, you can't read an LBZ DSP tune because the tune is written to part of the ECM memory that cannot be read. You should review the tune file your friend sent you, and edit that version, but given the tuning issues, I think your best off starting over with a stock file.

You should also insure you are running the software, firmware and bootblock before starting out. The latest software release is detailed on our website.

Cheers
Cindy