PDA

View Full Version : Updated Firmware and EFI Live now no data received. Another dead ECM......

mvnvltn
December 31st, 2014, 05:02 AM
Been using this software for 8 years no problem. I do the newest update and it wipes out my ECM. Not a happy camper. No communication with the TechII, no communication with EFI Live, no communication with MDI.

2002 LB7

comnrailpwr
December 31st, 2014, 05:29 AM
Lb7 are good at making bricks of themselves without warning from what I hear.

joecar
December 31st, 2014, 02:57 PM
Which V7/V8 software build versions do you have installed...?

Did this happen while you were flashing (cal flash or full flash...?)(flashing with V7, V8, or V2...?)...?

Blacky
January 1st, 2015, 09:15 AM
Been using this software for 8 years no problem. I do the newest update and it wipes out my ECM. Not a happy camper. No communication with the TechII, no communication with EFI Live, no communication with MDI.

2002 LB7

Can you please open a tech support ticket. Include the relevant trace files so that we can try and figure out what went wrong and if possible how to correct it.
https://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=7778-QEKN-0400

Regards
Paul

mvnvltn
January 3rd, 2015, 12:10 PM
It happened during a full flash using V8.

mvnvltn
January 3rd, 2015, 12:57 PM
How do I share or send the trace file?

I am a Mac user that uses an old windows laptop only for efi live. Any help would be appreciated....

mvnvltn
January 3rd, 2015, 12:59 PM
Where would I find the build version ?

Which V7/V8 software build versions do you have installed...?

Did this happen while you were flashing (cal flash or full flash...?)(flashing with V7, V8, or V2...?)...?

joecar
January 3rd, 2015, 04:09 PM
Where would I find the build version ?When you start V8, there on the opening page it shows the V8 build version.

For V7, when you open the tunetool, go Help->About.