PDA

View Full Version : Any way to get a license back? Accidentally licensed wrong OS 98-00 PCM

Bondo Special
December 31st, 2014, 11:14 AM
I just lost my spare Flashscan VIN license trying to flash a black box 98-00 Vortec PCM that I found out is the wrong OS for my existing tune. I am a new-ish user and didn't realize that EFI Live could not change the OS of one of these black box PCM's. I bought the PCM used and saw that the service # was the same as my first licensed PCM so I assumed that it would be flashable. Is there any way to get this license back since I can't use the 2nd pcm? I feel like such an idiot

Thanks

Steve

cindy@efilive
December 31st, 2014, 12:11 PM
Once a license is used, it's used. There is no way to recover the license. You are now free to flash that PCM as many times as you want....forever. The warnings prior to and during the flash process are designed to prevent accidental licensing.

Sorry you licensed something you didn't need.

Cheers
Cindy

Bondo Special
December 31st, 2014, 12:43 PM
If I find a way to have someone change the OS on the 2nd pcm to match the OS I need, will the license still work on that pcm?

cindy@efilive
December 31st, 2014, 01:19 PM
Licenses are linked to PCM serial number, which cannot be changed.

Cheers
Cindy

Tre-Cool
December 31st, 2014, 02:01 PM
if the ecu part number is the same, just do a full flash of your tune into the new ecu?