PDA

View Full Version : E78 issue with different OS

RiceCop
January 3rd, 2015, 11:05 AM
This is a sort of weird situation I guess but maybe someone here can help.

I've got a customer with a 2014 Sonic (E78) and I've been working with them for a while on a tune. They MUST have the engine coolant temp lowered to 199*F or so, vs. the stock 220ish. EFILive does not have the table for this unlocked. We have a Cruze here in the shop with the same engine and same ECM. I opened up HPTuners and replicated the tune, along with editing the ECT table they are asking for and flashed it to the Cruze. I read it out with EFILive and sent it over to them, but they get error $0540 because of the different OS.

I tried doing a compare of the stock Cruze tune with the modified one in EFILive hoping to script the changes, but it doesn't pick up the ECT table since it's not defined.

Will doing a full flash just put the Cruze OS on the car? Or will it brick the controller?

RiceCop
January 5th, 2015, 01:41 PM
This can be ignored for now, I'm in contact with Ross about getting the table added.

ScarabEpic22
January 6th, 2015, 02:05 PM
This is an important table for the E78, especially for the Sonic/Cruze...

You could try the Cruze OS, but I imagine you're going to have some things missing feature-wise. Also, there is a chance of bricking the ECM if the OSs aren't compatible.

GMPX
January 6th, 2015, 03:58 PM
I got him sorted by adding in the table.

RiceCop
January 11th, 2015, 02:51 PM
Yeah Ross hooked it up- Thanks so much Ross. I really appreciate it.

a78turbo
January 26th, 2015, 07:12 AM
I would be interested in knowing how to add this table also. I have been looking for it for some time now.

a78turbo
January 31st, 2015, 05:42 AM
Is this a table that is going to be made public? If so, any idea when it may be implemented?

cindy@efilive
January 31st, 2015, 10:46 AM
The request was actioned outside of the framework of the software, there are no immediate plans to enhance E78 parameters in the near future.

Cheers
Cindy

Taz
February 2nd, 2015, 04:38 AM
I would be interested in knowing how to add this table also. I have been looking for it for some time now.

Truck OS ?

I have a 2011 E78 from an HD truck on the shelf ... been meaning to have a look at it when time permits

a78turbo
February 3rd, 2015, 05:56 AM
Sorry Taz, I'm working with a 2014 Sonic also. OS 12656286. It's nice to know that no future support will be added for E78/T76. Time to get a free hex editor and start searching.

Taz
February 3rd, 2015, 07:42 AM
Are you looking for the table to control the E-Fan(s) PWM% based on ECT ?

If so, post your tune and I will take a look - no promises on the outcome (if any).

cindy@efilive
February 3rd, 2015, 08:09 AM
There are a range of E78 OS's that are presently unsupported that will move into development shortly. I spoke with our developer and he added this for a vehicle he worked on recently too, so has agreed to add it across the board.

Cheers
Cindy

a78turbo
February 3rd, 2015, 02:36 PM
That is great news. There are many things to uncover in the E78. I think the Sonic and the Cruze have a fairly large following and could use more functionality in tuning.