PDA

View Full Version : VT V6 ECU with no BCM, will it connect ?

OZ38
January 4th, 2015, 03:59 AM
Some time back I was able to use V4 to connect scan & log my VS V6. Now I have a Toyota Hilux 4WD conversion running the GMH VT V6 engine & ECU.
It has no BCM & something has been done to the memcal to allow the ECU to runs things like this.
Now while trying to connect with the EFI V4 to do some scans & hopefully logging, I get the line cannot hear chatter. I did not have this with the VS V6 & my VY V6 when trying to connect.
Wondering if it is because this set up runs with out the BCM ?

Cheers

Deek

GMPX
January 4th, 2015, 08:57 AM
BCM is responsible for all module polling on the VT, with no BCM the bus will be silent until you request something.

OZ38
January 4th, 2015, 10:11 AM
BCM is responsible for all module polling on the VT, with no BCM the bus will be silent until you request something.
Thank you for the reply.
I am not very good with computers at all. When you say request something, is that a way of connecting to one output at a time ?
I am hoping to be able to read the rpm & speedo to start with, as I need to fine tune a "Marks Adapters VSS adapter box" as the Hilux has a cable driven speedo.
Any help being walked through a connection for this set up would be much appreciated.

Cheers

GMPX
January 5th, 2015, 11:56 AM
Mmm, I don't remember, I never really used V4 sorry, someone else might chime in.