PDA

View Full Version : What year model?

Blacky
February 18th, 2004, 08:52 AM
If/when you upgrade to the EFILive FlashScan Tuning Tool, which year model would you most likely want to tune?

Currently, we do not plan on supporting the 97/98 PCMs'. However if there is enough "need" for it then we may reconsider.
Please use this poll to register which year model(s) you most want EFILive's FlashScan Tuning Tool to support.

June 2004, UPDATE:
Due to the demand for a 98 tuner we are working on a plan to support the 98 PCM.

jnorris
February 19th, 2004, 08:54 AM
97/98 really need to be supported!

John

emarkay
February 20th, 2004, 09:24 AM
I know it's a time issue, but since 95% of it is there, find the extra 5% and support them all, IMHO...

rattle
February 20th, 2004, 05:55 PM
all pcm should be supported if reasonably possible, lots of peeps out there with 97, 98 trucks that have been modifed needing tuning.

Blackbird
February 21st, 2004, 05:13 PM
1998 please!

specificallay 19980100 :D

dissonance
February 23rd, 2004, 06:46 AM
98! older pcms

jnorris
February 23rd, 2004, 08:57 AM
1998 please!

specificallay 19980100 :D

Same here.

dissonance
February 23rd, 2004, 04:50 PM
Checked my pcm os and its 19980100... I know this is not the easiest task to write the software for 3 different 98 pcms but like jnorris stated 97/98 really need to be supported!

How can you call it an ls1 tuner with the fact it will not tune 98 ls1's? Or 97?

a lot of guys mod 98's and need tuning... maybe I just need to save up and buy ls1edit... maybe sell my efilive pro? Kinda harsh but what are the 98 guys going to do? but I feel we are getting rubbed the wrong way on this…

What’s another way to make this work in a 98? New pcm? How would you get the right flash in the pcm? Like maybe a 00 car pcm with 98 flash? Are the pins different in the newer cars?

jrdz28
March 6th, 2004, 06:14 AM
1998 camaro here with edit,but show me the options and I may have to switch.

c5rene
March 8th, 2004, 10:09 PM
Please implement the support for the 98 Corvette !

I bought EVILive 6.0 and LS1Edit one month ago. IMHO the LS1Edit is the money not worth. It looks and works like a prototype and not like a professional software.

Therefore, please support the 1998, so that we get a profi tool !

dahoof
June 14th, 2004, 04:56 AM
The 97 Y body is a must! :D

87gmc
June 17th, 2004, 05:08 AM
98 z28 and i dont wanna go with Ls1Edit

Black LS1 T/A
June 17th, 2004, 09:42 AM
So far, it looks like the 98 F-Body is the second largest segment of individual customers you would have.

JxxxOxxxE
July 1st, 2004, 05:08 PM
Definitely 98' F body, I want to get rid of my LS1 Edit, and only have 1 cable to mess with....

XLR8NSS
July 2nd, 2004, 09:13 AM
Will the 99+ GM trucks with the 4.8L, 5.3L, and 6.0L be supported?

minivette
July 2nd, 2004, 09:33 AM
'00 Z28, '01 Z06

Steve Bryant
July 2nd, 2004, 02:31 PM
A resounding YES is the answer to this question. I asked it myself a few months back. See this thread http://www.efilive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=431&highlight=

Steve :D

mistermike
July 5th, 2004, 03:27 AM
04 GTO. Still Waaaaaiting. :D

jsbird98
July 5th, 2004, 10:59 AM
To not support the 98 f-bodies and 97/98 vettes would be rediculous. You guys stated to hold on till this fall and we will be seeing the best logging/editing tool to hit the LS1/6 market. Well us 98 guys waited too and looks like we will be getting shafted. I have held off on purchasing LS1edit and HPtuners because I already have EFILIVE and what better to compliment it than the tuning/editing tool for it? One simple reason to support 98's is because it was the first year for the LS1 f-body and we all dumped our LT1's and jumped on the new LS1. We started modding immediately there after. So the need for you guys to support the 98 really needs to be done. Sounds like it is more of a hassle to you guys than a programming issue. If Keith@hptuners can figure it out and bring it to market you guys should be able too. Black LS1 T/A has a great response too.
J:D

emarkay
July 5th, 2004, 12:50 PM
To not support the 98 f-bodies and 97/98 vettes would be rediculous. You guys stated to hold on till this fall and we will be seeing the best logging/editing tool to hit the LS1/6 market. Well us 98 guys waited too and looks like we will be getting shafted. I have held off on purchasing LS1edit and HPtuners because I already have EFILIVE and what better to compliment it than the tuning/editing tool for it? One simple reason to support 98's is because it was the first year for the LS1 f-body and we all dumped our LT1's and jumped on the new LS1. We started modding immediately there after. So the need for you guys to support the 98 really needs to be done. Sounds like it is more of a hassle to you guys than a programming issue. If Keith@hptuners can figure it out and bring it to market you guys should be able too. Black LS1 T/A has a great response too.
J:D

Aww jeez, who let the whiners in??? :(

Come on, haven't you been reading the progress here regarding 1998's - if so, your comment is unwarranted (it takes A LOT to get me to "dis" a potential customer) and if not, please take a bit of time investigating things before freaking out....

As for the wait, we ALL have to wait till it's done.

As for the LT1/LS1 issue, one reason it's NOT simple is because it IS the first [2] year[s] of the LS1 - it's a typical GM "massage it on the fly, hope it lasts the warranty, then forget about it". Don't blame us! It's a completely different bird in that PCM, and it's an "orphan". We don't have the resources, financially or technically to concentrate on a percent of the market one can count on one's fingers, in relation to the BIG picture. Remeber, while there are some vocal 1998 owners on here, the (silent) majority is 1999 to 2005 and beyond ...

We WILLsupport the 1997/1998's, only NOT from the "World Headquarters" in New Zealand. It will be basically "open sourced" and will be available at the introduction, when the rest of the product line is released.

If you want to buy a competetor's product because you think it's a valid alternative and it meets your needs, and you choose not to wait for us, there is nothing we can do.

MRK

Blacky
July 5th, 2004, 02:35 PM
The first post in this thread is somewhat misleading. I have updated it to reflect our intentions to support the 98.

Regards
Paul

GMPX
July 6th, 2004, 12:48 AM
If Keith@hptuners can figure it out and bring it to market you guys should be able too. J:D

It has been covered elsewhere how that all happened, go educate yourself before getting stuck into us.

jsbird98
July 7th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Aww jeez, who let the whiners in??? :(

Come on, haven't you been reading the progress here regarding 1998's - if so, your comment is unwarranted (it takes A LOT to get me to "dis" a potential customer) and if not, please take a bit of time investigating things before freaking out....

As for the wait, we ALL have to wait till it's done.

As for the LT1/LS1 issue, one reason it's NOT simple is because it IS the first [2] year[s] of the LS1 - it's a typical GM "massage it on the fly, hope it lasts the warranty, then forget about it". Don't blame us! It's a completely different bird in that PCM, and it's an "orphan". We don't have the resources, financially or technically to concentrate on a percent of the market one can count on one's fingers, in relation to the BIG picture. Remeber, while there are some vocal 1998 owners on here, the (silent) majority is 1999 to 2005 and beyond ...

We WILLsupport the 1997/1998's, only NOT from the "World Headquarters" in New Zealand. It will be basically "open sourced" and will be available at the introduction, when the rest of the product line is released.

If you want to buy a competetor's product because you think it's a valid alternative and it meets your needs, and you choose not to wait for us, there is nothing we can do.

MRK

Whiner, I was just voicing an opinion, from what I read on the first post of this topic it really looked like the 98 had a chance of not being supported. I was pleading the case for me and other 98 owners. If it makes me a "whiner" so be it, I just like getting fair treatment. But I am a not a "potential customer", kid. I AM A PAYING CURRENT CUSTOMER of EFILIVE and enjoy the ease of use and quality of their scanner, so please treat me with more respect. I didn't disrespect efilive at all PERIOD, sorry if you read it that way....sometimes posts are misleading....

as for reading the "progress" I read the weekly updates and haven't really seen anything other than a post from Black LS1 T/A saying the 98's would be supported by a 3rd party arrangement....and you replied, but there was nothing Set in Stone about supporting the 98 in your reply. Maybe I did miss the post where you guys said the 97/98 would be supported, as I don't read every post here in the flashscan section, and I do try to keep up with the weekly updates, but might miss some here and there. I am not perfect.

Big Picture?If you are looking at the big picture that emcompasses all right?

As for holding off on purchasing another product, I stated I have waited just as long as you for the flashscan to be made available to "us" but felt like us 98 owners would be getting the shaft for waiting this long if we weren't supported, right? It would suck if you were told to wait a long time for something awesome to only find out that it wouldn't work for what you have, right? I want the best product period and that would be flashscan. And you are a mod for this board?

The first post in this thread is somewhat misleading. I have updated it to reflect our intentions to support the 98.

Regards
Paul

Thanks Paul, Sorry if it came out like I was knocking your product, I sincerely didn't see any other information posted here on the flashscan updates about the 98 being supported and I was going off the info provided on the first post completely.

It has been covered elsewhere how that all happened, go educate yourself before getting stuck into us.

??I didn't get stuck into anybody. As a customer it really doesn't concern me and I don't really care what happened between you, whoever and hptuners. Point was they made it to market for the 98's. I just care that I flashscan works for us all, so go take your hate somewhere else.

Man you guys really need a change in moderation if this is how you treat your members when they voice their opinion. The only fair response, was from blacky and I appreciate that. He saw that I was a mislead by the first post and corrected it. Thank you for handling it in a professional manner.
A reminder to the other mods 99% of your members, are users of EFILIVE and are paying/supporting customers.

Blacky
July 7th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Unfortunately your post did appear to be critical of EFILive for not supporting the 98's. (I understand why).

There is a lot of information that moderators get to read and deal with that the general forum public do not. Some of that information influences the way posts are viewed.

As for the "getting stuck into us" comment by GMPX...
Basically your assumption that HPTuners "figured it out" may not be entirely correct.

Regards
Paul

emarkay
July 7th, 2004, 03:11 PM
OK - my apology is presented - and BTW, I betcha I'm older than ya, 'tis been a long time since I have called a kid. :)

Now since the prosecution has presented a clear case of a conduct unbecomming of a moderator, the defense would like a moment of introspective clarification, your honour...

It's easy for me to get worked up when emotional words like ridiculous, shafted, hassle, and HPTuners are thrown out. I do, however, understand that it may have seemed as if the aforementioned third party:

http://www.efilive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=406&highlight=third+party
http://www.efilive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=514&highlight=third+party
http://www.efilive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=454&start=30

information (regarding the 1997-1998s) was a bit more clear in definition.

However, it is clear that you are a busy person who (rightfully so) does not have time to read every post. My bad presumption that everyone here does. My also bad in failing to seperate the "black" world from the "open" world, (or in this case, the "Blacky" world) as I am involved at a much deeper level than I am willing or able to discuss in public, and therefore may have thought the 1997-1998 issue was "set in stone" - at least from EFILive's perspective, and therefore mine.

However one must also understand that even Blacky reserves the right to change things as he is wont to do, due to many different reasons, and while there is nothing as sure as death, taxes, and vaporware, EFILive will do it's best to listen to it's customers and offer SOME measure of satisfaction to the best of their abilities..

In conclusion, let it be stated for the record, that moderators are welcome to use emotion when presented with emotion - I felt the measured response was appropriate...

Hear ye, Hear ye! The good people of the jury have spoken, and I have been declared "a bit harsh", and therefore will provide my pennance, again, with my apology, if you took offense.

Case Closed!

MRK

zippthewonderslug
July 8th, 2004, 10:04 AM
Basically your assumption that HPTuners "figured it out" may not be entirely correct.
Regards
Paul

Care to explain your comments?

zippthewonderslug

warpster
July 8th, 2004, 11:51 AM
My need is for the 02 Vette, but sometime next year I will have a C6 and would like support for that at that time.

By the way, is there a way to vote on this poll? If so, I'm missing how to do it....help.

Blacky
July 8th, 2004, 11:53 AM
Regards
Paul
Care to explain your comments?
zippthewonderslug

No, this forum is not an appropriate place for such a discussion.
As GMPX said: "It has been covered elsewhere how that all happened."

Regards
Paul

Blacky
July 8th, 2004, 12:02 PM
By the way, is there a way to vote on this poll? If so, I'm missing how to do it....help.

If you can see the poll results, then you have already voted. If you have not voted then you should see an option to vote instead.

This poll has been around for a while now, maybe you voted a *long* time ago.

Regards
Paul