PDA

View Full Version : Pilot timing tables don't change in DSP files

THEFERMANATOR
January 5th, 2015, 08:51 AM
I have come across an issue that just recently became a problem for me. I have found that on LB7's with DSP OS's, the pilot injection timing follows the base table, and not the DSP table when I am in a DSP position. I have known about this for awhile now, but it wasn't really an issue for me until recently. I know it is not just my V2 as it has happened now on 3 different trucks I have verified it on, all flashed with different V2's, and the tunes have been written on 2 different PC's with 3 different versions of the software. I can put whatever in I want for the DSP tables, but it will still onky use the base tunes table. I have put in all 0's, and it still will not change. Make a change to the base file though, and it changes, but still will only use the base file.

It has become an issue for me because my tow tune uses a mostly stock pilot timing table for noise control, but I use a modified table for my big tune to help keep smoke under control spooling up. I'm not to fond of the extra rattle in my tow tune, so I have had to build a compromise pilot table to work OK with each instead of the table that works best for each ones purpose. I have even tried changing the temp settings and such to force it into only using the D table(the one we have in the DSP files), and still no change.

THEFERMANATOR
January 22nd, 2015, 04:32 PM
Anybody? I also tried this on an LLY, and found it also did not follow the DSP pilot timing table, but used the base table instead. So this is 4 trucks, 4 different OS's, 3 DSP5's and one DSP2, and 3 LB7's and one LLY that are all not following the DSP pilot timing tables.

GMPX
January 22nd, 2015, 04:36 PM
First time anyone has mentioned it since DSP came out, so I don't know.

GMC-2002-Dmax
January 23rd, 2015, 11:48 AM
I only run one Pilot Table for all my tunes, so I have never logged it to see, I just know when I shut it off it goes off.

I don't own my LB7 anymore so I can't even verify if it works as intended or not.

THEFERMANATOR
January 23rd, 2015, 02:19 PM
I know most people don't mess with it, and for the longest time I didn't either. But I have found I can retard the pilot timing and light the turbo off quicker with less smoke on my big tune. When I drop it back to my tow tune it rattles more than I would like with the pilot timing turned back. I tried it on a LLY where I set it to 0 around 40MM3 of fuel, and no change at all whatsoever. I even set my DSP2 in my 02 OS to ) across the board in the DSP side, and it used the base pilot timing table regardless. If it was just 1 truck I could see it, but so far every DELPHI controller I have tried it on wether it is DSP2 or 5 has stayed on the base file regardless.

GMPX
January 23rd, 2015, 02:52 PM
Ok, it has been so long since I looked at DSP code I couldn't even remember what was in there. Am I missing something here, the pilot timing tables aren't switchable on the LB7 I looked at.

THEFERMANATOR
January 24th, 2015, 03:52 AM
Tables A1108, A2208, A3108, and A4108 for DSP5, A0108 for the DSP2 tune files. No matter what I put in these tables, the ECM stays with B0929. I have even dropped teh temp tables down so that it could only use the D table, and still n ochange no matter what I put in the DSP side. I have not tried an 01 early style yet as I upgrade them all to 02 OS's.

GMPX
January 24th, 2015, 08:01 AM
Tables A1108, A2208, A3108, and A4108 for DSP5, A0108 for the DSP2 tune files.
Told you it had been a while for me :angel_innocent:

No matter what I put in these tables, the ECM stays with B0929. I have even dropped teh temp tables down so that it could only use the D table, and still n ochange no matter what I put in the DSP side. I have not tried an 01 early style yet as I upgrade them all to 02 OS's.
I don't know what to say, would be nice if someone else can do some testing to confirm what you see. Hard to imagine nobody else has noticed this in the last 6 years or during development testing.