PDA

View Full Version : 2004 lly PCM locked

bman
January 8th, 2015, 02:42 PM
I have a 2004 lly and tried to get it tuned by a efi live guy he said it was lock so I then when to gm to have it reflashed to stock and they could not even do it they where getting error code 12 any one have any idea how to get unlock???

cindy@efilive
January 8th, 2015, 03:30 PM
You need to find the key to unlock the ECM, without the key, your ECM cannot be reflashed. The original tuner may provide it for you, or you need to find someone with an unlocking service, like the one Jesse offers at wait4me performance.

The other option is a new ECM.

Cheers
Cindy

bman
January 8th, 2015, 03:36 PM
It had a edge programer in it before

THEFERMANATOR
January 8th, 2015, 04:20 PM
Does it by chance have an aftermarket radio in it? I just went thriugh this with an 05 LLY where it said it was locked and all kinds of errors. Pulled the radio fuses and got a no response from anything on the bus. Pulled the radio out, unplugged the radio interface adapter, and the read and flash went through without a hickup with all fuses intact. In the past pulling the fuses has worked, but this time I had to physically remove the interface adapter to get the flash to go in. It had a superchips on it, and they had him go through and pull the fuses, and eventually said his tuner was bad and he needed to spend $200 for them to fix it. After pulling the radio adapter it worked just fine again, but he stil lwanted EFILIVE with a DSP5 from me.

bman
January 8th, 2015, 04:27 PM
Yeah have after market deck I'll have to try and pull that and take it to gm agine to see if it will flash

bman
January 8th, 2015, 04:28 PM
And what is the radio interface?

bmc1025
January 8th, 2015, 05:20 PM
It is used to a allow the factory steering wheel controls to work. It seems anything that hooks into the bus wires can and will cause flashing issues in an lly.

bmc1025
January 8th, 2015, 05:27 PM
Pull out the radio and follow the wires you should find a small box of sorts. Disconnect all the wires going to that box and try flashing again.

bman
January 8th, 2015, 05:30 PM
Thanks I'll give it a try but It would be lock because a tune us lock in it ?

ScarabEpic22
January 9th, 2015, 02:41 PM
Not lock the tune, but due to rogue databus messages confuse EFILive into thinking the ECM was locked due to timeout, message corruption, etc.

THEFERMANATOR
January 9th, 2015, 03:04 PM
Starting in the late 90's, GM started incorporating the door chime and other warning chimes into the radio, and used the speakers for the chime instead of a seperate warning module. For trucks it hit in 03, so an adapter goes inline between the stock radio plug, and the aftermarket radio. Also the 03+ radios have no power feed wire to them, but instead use a signal from the class 2 data bus to turn off and on, so the adapter also turns the radio off and on. The problem with the adapter is, it doesn't listen to GM data bus messages when the scan/flash tool tells everything on the databus to go quiet so it can communicate with a specific module while the others go dormant while the quiet signal is being sent. So if it doesn't go dormant during the quiet signal, then the scan/flash tool cannot communicate, and many times will think the module is locked when in reality it cannot communicate because the databus is being occupied by a rogue module(the aftermarket one that doesn't listen).

bman
January 10th, 2015, 06:48 AM
Ok that's for the info I'll give it a try but my efi live tunner guy said there was a key lock on it so he could not get into it what a key lock come up if it was not coumnacation

THEFERMANATOR
January 10th, 2015, 02:02 PM
It can, the LLY I did last week came up with it 1 time I tried to read it out with the radio adapter in place.

killerbee
January 11th, 2015, 12:48 PM
Ok that's for the info I'll give it a try but my efi live tunner guy said there was a key lock on it so he could not get into it what a key lock come up if it was not coumnacation

If you like we can diagnose/flash it for you on the bench. Will flash any file you want to provide. That is with the assumption that it is accessible, and not locked out. Just another option.

Screamin Chevy
January 11th, 2015, 01:01 PM
I had the same thing THEFERMANATOR had with my 05. It was the aftermarket door chime module for an aftermarket radio. Once unplugged, it worked fine.

cindy@efilive
January 11th, 2015, 03:58 PM

Typically the error you got is what your tuner described and also what I described earlier in this thread.

Effectively, a couple of users have given you additional information that they are suggesting that that same message is generated when another condition maybe present. Until your tuner attempts their suggestions, it's speculation if the controller is actually locked.

Cheers
Cindy

bman
January 11th, 2015, 04:36 PM
That's all for the help I will be posting on Wednesday if it work or not

THEFERMANATOR
January 13th, 2015, 06:18 PM
Also make sure that teh box for try alt keys is checked. The LLY came back tonight for a reflash and to install the DSP5 switch, and even with the radio adapter unplugged, it gave me a ECM locked with custom seed key message with the V8 tune tool. Went back to V7 and checked the try alt keys box and the flash went through. I know for a fact teh ECM is not locked with a custom key, and I have had to do this on LLY's before to get them to flash. I'm really growing to hate LLY's, but they seem to be what people keep bringing me lately.