PDA

View Full Version : 06 6 speed stock tcm tune

mi68dep
January 11th, 2015, 10:36 AM
I am looking for a 06 6 speed stock TCM tune. I have downloaded the one on the truck and would like another to compare to make sure nothing has been changed. The truck acts very strangely in the cold it seems that the torque converter locks up before it should and when it does it will rapidly lock and unlock but once the trans reaches normal operating temp the problem goes away. I will attach a copy of the tune I have.

killerbee
January 11th, 2015, 03:01 PM
Email me with the OS you need, year and model.

redgmc
May 31st, 2015, 04:27 AM
Hello, I have the identical problem. No kidding, I've been looking for a solution for two years, have you been able to to resolve this? 2006 LBZ stock trans.

LB72004
June 1st, 2015, 05:09 AM
seen this on another site for your OS#

"Where are you located? You have the alternate OS version for cold weather operation (-40 degrees and colder), that's usually reserved for trucks in Canada/Alaska. The TCC won't lock in higher gears to keep the transmission fluid warm, because the flash OS thinks its very cold outside. Take it back to the dealer and ask for the "Other" calibration - I think the part number is 25774904."

the only other thing i thought looked weird in your OS was the G-Solenoid {D5179-D5182} numbers, but i didn't have any other similar OS' to compare it to. only newer and later year OS'

redgmc
June 1st, 2015, 07:21 AM
The problem isn't that the TCC won't lock, it's that it locks when the trans fluid is still cold. Below 88* internally. When it does this, the truck surges like the TCC is rapidly locking and unlocking. There is supposed to be a delay of TCC untill trans temp minimum is met. Mine Seems to be delayed based on coolant temp instead of trans temp. This was originally a Canadian sold truck, I'm located in western Michigan. In the winter when cold, the truck will delay the TCC untill coolant temp comes off the cold pin, but trans temp is still cold on the guage ( below 100*) As soon as trans temp guage rises above the cold pin, problem is gone.

jay p
June 1st, 2015, 07:24 AM
Here are a couple from my 2006 3500. I think the one with the 2011 date is the cold weather flash (one of them is the cold weather flash). I'm not sure these are full flashes since the A40 PCM has some issues.

Jay

LB72004
June 1st, 2015, 07:51 AM
this is the thread

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/57-gm-transmissions/41-allison-oem/351670-stock-tcm-tune-lbz.html

seems like the same problem