PDA

View Full Version : Need consistent WOT shifts????

oztracktuning
May 3rd, 2006, 12:00 AM
I want my car to consistently shift at a certain speed and the WOT shift tables of kph and rpm are not giving this to me.

I am wondering if i can just disable the WOT upshift table by putting both to 100% and just use the speed setting at 100% in the part throttle table .....and if this will help me.

My current settings in performance mode have been
102kph and 5400rpm - but the car is not always changing below 6700rpm which is in the high 120s kph.

My part throttle settings at 87.5% 93.8% and 100%
have been 106 107.5 108.0 so maybe that is part of the problem.

I am racing in a major bracket race this week and want the car to consistently change at about 6300rpm which occurs with my converter at about 122kph.

redhardsupra
May 3rd, 2006, 01:42 AM
cooling (or rather the lack of it) been THE biggest factor for my car, as far as consistency of when it shifts. i've had it shift as high as 600rpm later then i told it too, simply because it was hot. so get the biggest trans cooler you can get for it, and use some thicker oil so you won't cook it as quickly. also, i found out that the lip that forces the air to my engine bay from the bottom (i don't know if the australian cars do it the same way) is cracked. so under speed, it would just bend back and not force anywhere near as much air as it should. so i got a new bigger airdam and power, cooling, and consistency have gotten much better.

for the track, i set all the partial throttle tables to the same value as the wot tables for the respective gear. this way it always aims at the same number, no matter what TPS it gets. this helped me a lot, as far as consistency goes.

joecar
May 3rd, 2006, 02:01 AM
You already know that the WOT upshift occurs when both WOT MPH and WOT RPM are met;

calculate the RPM and/or MPH for both;

so if you want to shift using the one, make the other lower by 10% or 20%;

and then you'll have to fine tune the one.

RHS has a good point, trans. shifts different when hot.

joecar
May 3rd, 2006, 02:03 AM
Also look at D1206, D1207, these control when you're switched between the PT and WOT tables.

oztracktuning
May 6th, 2006, 08:10 PM
I raced with the WOT shift table disabled with 100 and 100%.
The car changed gears more consistently than ever.

However im still stuck with what to do with the GMTRQ thing and my line pressure - although it was turning the tyres at the strip a little so it is probably pretty close to ideal anyway.

I will do some new logs of GM.TRQ

GMPX
May 6th, 2006, 10:22 PM
calculate the RPM and/or MPH for both;

You know EFILive shows you the calculated RPM's at the bottom of the screen when you are looking at a MPH based shift table?.

Cheers,
Ross