PDA

View Full Version : Flashscan screen issue

LMMPerrona
January 16th, 2015, 09:47 PM
My v2 screen has some weird lines through it after adding new license to it. Strange, I entered the activation code and clicked on the "Activate VIN License" button and it started doing its thing. When complete I looked at the screen and it has lines going across. I rebooted and still same thing. Any clues on how to fix this? I tried flashing to the vehicle and all is working normal.:unsure:

joecar
January 17th, 2015, 01:49 AM
Which V2 firmware version do you have installed...?

LMMPerrona
January 17th, 2015, 02:19 AM
I have the latest. I updated everything about a week ago. Last night I tried updating anything i could thinking that might solve the issue. No luck everything was up to date with the latest.

cindy@efilive
January 17th, 2015, 08:28 AM
Try adjusting screen contrast. https://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=7098-TISG-1344

Cheers
Cindy

Blacky
January 17th, 2015, 08:57 AM
That appears to be a hardware fault with the LCD screen. It is most likely just a coincidence that it happened when you added a VIN license.

The FlashScan firmware can only adjust the contrast of the entire LCD screen, it is not capable of adjusting the contrast of individual pixels (or lines) on the screen. The fact that some pixels have less contrast than others indicates that the LCD has probably failed.

SoCal Diesel in CA can repair faulty LCD screens.
27833 Ave Hopkins Suite #6
Valencia, CA 91355
Phone: +1 (661) 775-5620
Fax: +1 (661) 775-5961

Regards
Paul

LMMPerrona
January 17th, 2015, 08:58 AM
Try adjusting screen contrast. https://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=7098-TISG-1344

Cheers
Cindy

Gave it a try. I even changed the color of screen. It almost looks like Additional lines were added. If you see the top where it says FlashScan V2, the top part of the words are not fitting in screen. Towards the bottom where F4 is, SDH is crammed under it. The line that I'm thinking should be all the way to the right is now towards the middle of the screen. I'm trying to remember how it used to look.

LMMPerrona
January 17th, 2015, 09:14 AM
That appears to be a hardware fault with the LCD screen. It is most likely just a coincidence that it happened when you added a VIN license.

The FlashScan firmware can only adjust the contrast of the entire LCD screen, it is not capable of adjusting the contrast of individual pixels (or lines) on the screen. The fact that some pixels have less contrast than others indicates that the LCD has probably failed.

SoCal Diesel in CA can repair faulty LCD screens.
27833 Ave Hopkins Suite #6
Valencia, CA 91355
Phone: +1 (661) 775-5620
Fax: +1 (661) 775-5961

Regards
Paul

It probably was a coincidence. Maybe my computer was doing something else while i loaded the new VIN. It looked like it paused half ways through cause it did take w while. Ive never waited for it to load a VIN license. Ohh well I'll just live with it, Its not like I use it everyday right, lol

Blacky
January 17th, 2015, 10:25 AM
The LCD is made up of two separate 64x64 pixel arrays arranges side by side. Looks like the left most vertical column of pixels of each array is faulty.
It also looks like various horizontal rows of pixels have failed as well. Not only that but the LCD driver that is built into the LCD panel appears to be dropping horizontal rows of pixels as well.

Regards
Paul

LMMPerrona
January 17th, 2015, 10:33 AM
It sounds like its the driver you are talking about. I took it apart and cleaned the two rubberish looking strips, reset them and closed it all up. and still looks the same. So at sometime ill spend the $ and send it to get replaced. Unless I can purchase the screen and install it.

Blacky
January 17th, 2015, 10:43 AM
Unless I can purchase the screen and install it.
Is the bevel around the LCD silver or black? The silver ones are no longer available and therefor can't be easily replaced (although I may be able to salvage one from another faulty V2 that has a good screen). We are investigating what it would take to add the black LCDs to our spare parts list on the web store.

Regards
Paul

LMMPerrona
January 17th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Its silver

Blacky
January 17th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Its silver

I'll be back in the office on Tuesday. I'll take a look and see if I can find a silver screen that still works.
If I have not replied in this thread by Tuesday, post a reminder :)

Regards
Paul

LMMPerrona
January 17th, 2015, 10:54 AM
Thank you.

Blacky
January 19th, 2015, 07:56 PM
I didn't make it into the office today (Tuesday in NZ) but I will hunt around tomorrow (Wed in NZ) for a spare silver LCD.
Regards
Paul

LMMPerrona
January 20th, 2015, 01:23 AM
Sounds good

Blacky
January 20th, 2015, 09:30 PM
I found an old/failed FLashScan V2 that still had a good working silver LCD. I removed the LCD and I can ship it to you if you still want it (note: removing the LCD is not trivial for a software programmer like me who is not an electronics whiz).
Email me (paul@efilive.com) your name, shipping address, phone number and email address and I'll have it sent out to you.

Regards
Paul