PDA

View Full Version : Oil & Fuel warnings B1406 & B1408

SASDakota
January 18th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Has anyone changed these values? Are they accurate? I am tuning an LMM, OS# 12628594, noticed that oil was set to 9,900mi (converted from km) and fuel set to 15,000,000mi (converted from km).

BTW, go SEAHAWKS! :music_whistling_1:

koolky
February 3rd, 2015, 03:23 PM
I've been wondering this myself but noticed that the LMM OS 12617083 that I have doesn't have B1406. IIRC the ECM also calculates oil life based on number of starts, ECT and run time? I wasn't sure if that value was reset every time I refreshed the ECM and for that reason I just mark down my odometer and ignore the oil change warning.

dtdiesel
October 9th, 2015, 08:44 AM
Does not work like you'd think it would I used to try to correct them to what I thought looked more accurate and many times would result in being able to watch the fuel filter life count down, disappointing, I could be wrong but I believe that number to act in an algorithm not necessarily the km required to spend life percentage

Road
October 9th, 2015, 09:16 AM
I have changed oil life and never had a issue. Never changes fuel filter life though.

THEFERMANATOR
October 9th, 2015, 02:43 PM
Leave them alone. Messing with them most of the time results in them counting down VERY rapidly. The ECm does not give the warnings in miles, but instead uses an algorythim to calculate oil life based off of regens and fuel used, and fuel filter life is based off of actual VS desired rail valve current and comes up with a value from there.

SASDakota
October 13th, 2015, 05:19 AM
^^^^ I found this out, returned values to stock way back when, should have updated the thread...oops