PDA

View Full Version : Cummins Injector Pulse

tylerltr450
January 20th, 2015, 03:57 PM
Hey guys I'm doing some tuning and I want to make my stock injectors act like a little bit of a bigger injector. Im wondering what is a safe range to change and can you move the peak around a little bit in order to help mpg? or do you have to leave it at the stock location?

Thanks
Tyler

2007 5.9
January 21st, 2015, 01:47 AM
Lower right corner is the area for power and max pulse depends on trans health.

Changing cruise pulse to help MPG requires you to log your cruising are to see what cells are in use.

tylerltr450
January 21st, 2015, 01:50 AM
Hey Lez,

Thats my other problem I data logged about 5 times before and now it wont work. I tried reconfiguring everything and it still wont read anything. Since I wanted to log my crusing cells but it wont work anymore. And no worries on the trans im swaping my auto to a nv5600 next week so ill be able to hold the power

tylerltr450
January 21st, 2015, 07:19 AM
update lez on my data logging problem still wasnt working right but I just did this so ill test it on my way home from work.

I followed the steps in this lets see if it works or not.
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?20699-Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch&highlight=data+logging+pids+dont+move

arinkuddy
January 21st, 2015, 01:09 PM
I wouldn't think changing your PW in cruse would help with mileage... If you reduce it there truck probably will just command more fuel by increasing mm3

2007 5.9
January 21st, 2015, 01:31 PM
I wouldn't think changing your PW in cruse would help with mileage... If you reduce it there truck probably will just command more fuel by increasing mm3

That's where logging comes into play...drop it low enough to help but once it moves into another cell then you know how far you can go.

tylerltr450
January 22nd, 2015, 01:52 AM
Lez any idea on whats up with my data logging. Do you have to have the v2 plugged into the truck before you turn it on? Or can you just plug it in while the truck is running. I did the setup from that link and it still doesn't show data. It shows all zeros and -20 for main timing degrees

tylerltr450
January 22nd, 2015, 08:55 AM
Well i figured out my data log problem. It is because im on a old os and not on the csp os. So once I change that ill do some data logging for cruising and hopefully I can figure out a way to increase fuel mileage.

tylerltr450
January 22nd, 2015, 02:58 PM
Big thanks to Lez,

Helped me figure out my uploading tune errors. So now ill start data logging and we will see what I can do with tuning the durations. Yes I did test it and it works with data logging now.

2007 5.9
January 22nd, 2015, 04:31 PM
Glad to help...BTW its Les. :thumb_yello:

tylerltr450
January 22nd, 2015, 04:35 PM
Glad to help...BTW its Les. :thumb_yello:

Sorry les... I always thought it was with a z hahaha my bad. One other question in the csp tune what is the csp5 program switched graphs for. Are they for when you switch tunes it goes to those graph tables then goes to the new tune you selected?

tylerltr450
January 23rd, 2015, 04:23 AM
Good news was able to data log all the way to work today. So now I have multiple files to start looking at. Deff getting excited to start doing this again since its working the way it should!!. Big shout out to Les for helping me.

tylerltr450
January 23rd, 2015, 10:17 AM
OK after logging some stuff am i using the correct pids for this is check duration? I cant tell if this is correct or not. It doesnt seem thing that i wouldnt use any fuel pressure below 50 17961

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb438/tylerltz/Capture_zpsvv6vg7ay.png (http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/tylerltz/media/Capture_zpsvv6vg7ay.png.html)

superwagon
January 23rd, 2015, 12:51 PM
It looks to me like 50mpa of fuel pressure is the lowest you recorded. Which is about 7250psi. So all that is saying it's that your fuel pressure never went below that number.

tylerltr450
January 23rd, 2015, 01:02 PM
It looks to me like 50mpa of fuel pressure is the lowest you recorded. Which is about 7250psi. So all that is saying it's that your fuel pressure never went below that number.

So that is for the high fuel pressure then? Well why would the table in the tune tool go from 9,15,20,25,30,40.....
It seems ridiculous but I guess the cp3 could drop that low if someone is dumping a boat load of fuel correct?

superwagon
January 23rd, 2015, 01:13 PM
50mpa is your fuel pressure at idle. The 50mpa column of your fuel pressure actual populated the cells in that column. You can see that the 50mpa column was only populated at 0 to 35mm3 which is light to no throttle conditions.

tylerltr450
January 23rd, 2015, 01:17 PM
oh ok now it makes sense. So mm3 is throttle in this case. Now it makes sense on why it starts at 50mpa. I thought I had something wrong.

tylerltr450
January 24th, 2015, 10:58 AM
ok well I just finished creating my csp tunes and I have them all done. I went flashed the truck but only the v2 switching works the csp5 switch doesnt work. Do you have to enable this with csp tune? Also on start up I increased the high idle speed to 1100 but when I gave it some gas the rpms spiked and wouldnt drop untill I switched into another tune with the v2.

tylerltr450
January 24th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Also I have this weird cell and its on all the maps. Any idea whats up with this lost cell.

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb438/tylerltz/Capture_zpsuslttmwa.png (http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/tylerltz/media/Capture_zpsuslttmwa.png.html)

GMPX
January 24th, 2015, 12:35 PM
So that is for the high fuel pressure then? Well why would the table in the tune tool go from 9,15,20,25,30,40.....
That is just how the factory set it up, we are showing what they have, that isn't an EFILive decision you see there. I guess they wanted to accommodate all possible scenarios.

ok well I just finished creating my csp tunes and I have them all done. I went flashed the truck but only the v2 switching works the csp5 switch doesnt work.
Should make no difference, both should work (is your CSP5 switch a genuine 'approved' by EFILive)?

Do you have to enable this with csp tune?
No, when you do the conversion to CSP5 everything is automatically enabled.

Also I have this weird cell and its on all the maps. Any idea whats up with this lost cell.
I don't know exactly what it is, it may have just been a pressure 'spike' when you lifted causing a back up of pressure that pushed it out to that cell.

tylerltr450
January 25th, 2015, 07:02 AM
That is just how the factory set it up, we are showing what they have, that isn't an EFILive decision you see there. I guess they wanted to accommodate all possible scenarios.

Should make no difference, both should work (is your CSP5 switch a genuine 'approved' by EFILive)?

Yeah my csp5 switch is approved it should be from EFI Live I ordered it with my v2.

No, when you do the conversion to CSP5 everything is automatically enabled.
Oddly enough it started working last night on my way home from the gfs house. So im not sure what happened.

I don't know exactly what it is, it may have just been a pressure 'spike' when you lifted causing a back up of pressure that pushed it out to that cell.
and it also seems that the weird idle rpm is better now. and that makes sense with the lift causing pressure. I just would like to maybe figure it out I dont really like seeing that cell out there.