PDA

View Full Version : MAP sensor driving me crazy

nonnieselman
January 27th, 2015, 12:47 PM
My buddy calls me this weekend. He is working on a early 90s C10.
It has a stock 2005 5.3 (LM7) in it with a PSI harness and 2005 throttle body, TAC Module, Pedal.
The MAP is showing 95kPa Key on, engine off. It shows 95kPa at idle and with throtte transistions. Basically its not responding.
Figured the harness was pinned wrong. Called PSI and got the pinouts for map sensor and pcm connectors. Verified those were correct. Ohmed the wires at both ends, all showed good with very low resistance.

So we took the MAP off my buddys truck that he drove there. It showed 95kPa also with engine at idle and key on, engine off.
Figured the intake port was plugged or something funny. So we pulled the hose off goin to the pcv valve and held the MAP to it at idle. Same thing.
Next we buy new sensor and same thing....
I full flashed a 2005 LM7 stock tune without vats on. Same thing.
I can have key on, engine off, and unplug the map. It reads 10kPa.. so it does change which is good.

So why does it read 95kPa at idle? Its running quite rich if you can imagine..

Ideas? ??

minytrker
January 27th, 2015, 05:22 PM
I have seen more PSI harnesses with stuff pinned wrong or loose pins than I have seen work. I would bet there is something wrong in the harness still.

nonnieselman
January 28th, 2015, 02:36 AM
Orange A c1 54Green b c2 32Grey c c1 48
Thanks.

I checked the info against some pcm pinouts I have on my phone and it seemed to be right.

Orange A goes to C1 54
Green B goes to C2 32
Grey C goes to C1 48

Thats the info PSI gave me.

minytrker
January 28th, 2015, 03:21 AM
What MAP info do you have in your tune?

nonnieselman
January 28th, 2015, 03:49 AM
Its factory 2005 lm7 tune. So I think 94.x on scaler and 10 offset?