PDA

View Full Version : Update: Jan 2015

Blacky
January 27th, 2015, 06:40 PM
Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.
Both the V7.5 and V8 software was updated in this release, you must update both software packages.
Download V7.5 Software (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.7.275_Setup.exe) (98 MB)
Download V8 Software (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.2.269_Setup.exe) (61 MB)

Release Notes:
Release Notes. (http://download.efilive.com/Software/whatsnew.html)

Known Issues:
Check for known issues here (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?25095-Known-issues-with-Jan-2015-release-of-the-EFILive-software-and-firmware&p=215150#post215150).

Please post new issues, questions or clarifications (large or small) in this thread.

As new issues are verified they will be posted in the "known issues" thread above.

Version Numbers:

After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 275
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 269
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.07 (Feb 07, 2014)
To view/update the Firmware, Click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Firmware: V2.07.76 (Jan 27, 2105)
To view/update the Boot Block, Click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Regards
The EFILive Development Team

DieselMafialb7
January 27th, 2015, 07:04 PM
Thank you! !

Dmaxink
January 27th, 2015, 07:10 PM
It's go time :-D

SASDakota
January 27th, 2015, 07:10 PM
Awesome!!!

BigCE
January 27th, 2015, 07:18 PM
Yay!!

Dirktdolman
January 27th, 2015, 08:01 PM
Does "Check for updates" work? The reason I ask is I just tried it and it says I have the most recent version, but the "About" in 7.5.7 says I have build 269 and 8.2.2 says I have build 263.

Dmaxink
January 27th, 2015, 08:10 PM
Does "Check for updates" work? The reason I ask is I just tried it and it says I have the most recent version, but the "About" in 7.5.7 says I have build 269 and 8.2.2 says I have build 263.

Not for snore public release. Download and install manually from here and it'll be good to go!

Dirktdolman
January 27th, 2015, 08:29 PM
Snore public? LOL It is all good now. THANKS

wesam
January 28th, 2015, 12:02 AM
Thanks A lot

DMan1198
January 28th, 2015, 12:52 AM
Hooray

SmokeAintPower
January 28th, 2015, 02:17 AM
:cucumber::cucumber::cucumber::cucumber::cucumber: :cucumber::cucumber::cucumber:
So much win!

Moparmatty
January 28th, 2015, 03:05 AM
Now if only we access to the DTC tables. :(

DMan1198
January 28th, 2015, 03:40 AM
And a place we could download all the files all at once in one shot

IdahoRob
January 28th, 2015, 06:16 AM
Are the download tabs on efilive.com going to be changed to the new release or is the forum the place to direct customers for the new update? Thank you.

BigCE
January 28th, 2015, 06:45 AM
What is the Pro Licence? How much? When? Where?
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n258/BigCE_photos/3tapsu_zps02b5ae06.jpg (http://s114.photobucket.com/user/BigCE_photos/media/3tapsu_zps02b5ae06.jpg.html)

cindy@efilive
January 28th, 2015, 07:19 AM
Are the download tabs on efilive.com going to be changed to the new release or is the forum the place to direct customers for the new update? Thank you.
Downloads buttons on the website are only updated for public releases.. This is pre release, so is only available via the forum, But the pre release is on the downloads page, it's listed below the public release and links directly to the forum.

What is the Pro Licence? How much? When? Where?

Further details can be found here.

Cheers
Cindy

BigCE
January 28th, 2015, 07:24 AM
Further details can be found here.

Cheers
Cindy

Does that mean details are coming or was that supposed to be a link?

cindy@efilive
January 28th, 2015, 07:49 AM
Does that mean details are coming or was that supposed to be a link?

For whatever reason link didn't post.

Here you go https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=24718

Cheers
Cindy

joecar
January 28th, 2015, 07:55 AM
Does "Check for updates" work? The reason I ask is I just tried it and it says I have the most recent version, but the "About" in 7.5.7 says I have build 269 and 8.2.2 says I have build 263.Just manually install V8 and V7...

then, with V2 plugged into your PC, start V8 S&T, click Check Firmware... and you'll see what to do then.

Duramax 6.6L
January 28th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Thank you very much

cindy@efilive
January 28th, 2015, 11:57 AM
Now if only we access to the DTC tables. :(
We made it clear in our December announcement that they would not be available in our first release, so it's hardly a surprise.

And a place we could download all the files all at once in one shot
Really? You can't read the ECM - this was documented with our first announcement in December. Further Troll Performance posted links all across the internet weeks ago about how to acquire stock files. If the restriction exists on how many you can download at once, you had the ability to manage that issue weeks ago so it wasn't an issue on the day of the software release. Given your issue, I'm sure you don't want to see other people in the same boat, so once you've finished downloading them perhaps you could consolidate them and share them so others don't need to suffer the same fate ;)

Cheers
Cindy

DMan1198
January 28th, 2015, 12:46 PM
I wasn't near my truck when I posted that. I've since read it, and will figure it all out in time. I wasn't trying to phrase it as a complaint. Just musing on convenience. Consolidating the files is a good idea

cindy@efilive
January 28th, 2015, 01:01 PM
I wasn't near my truck when I posted that. I've since read it, and will figure it all out in time. I wasn't trying to phrase it as a complaint. Just musing on convenience. Consolidating the files is a good idea

My sarcastic comments was poorly worded! No harm intended.

Cheers
Cindy

Dmaxink
January 28th, 2015, 01:05 PM
We had those update in our public environment all day. Not 1 issue. All smooth so far. Great work EFI.

MAXX IT OUT
January 28th, 2015, 02:54 PM
With the new Update i can't read a CME ECM, but i can flash it? Am i understanding that right?

cindy@efilive
January 28th, 2015, 03:02 PM
With the new Update i can't read a CME ECM, but i can flash it? Am i understanding that right?

That is correct. Refer to the Cummins 2010-2015 Quick start guide included in your V8 software installation for further details. The document is also available on our website.

Cheers
Cindy

GMPX
January 28th, 2015, 03:03 PM
As per the 2010-2015 quick start guide (have you read that?)

http://content.efilive.com/documents/Cummins%202010-2015%20Quick%20Start.pdf

Page 4:
Due to the CM2200A and CM2350B ECM's restrictive architecture, Cummins 2010-2015 support does not adhere to the typical "EFILive process" for tuning supported vehicles. EFILive generally requires customers to first read and save their ECM's tune, then edit the calibrations before finally flashing the modified tune back into the vehicle. However it is not possible to read these ECM’s via the OBD-II Port, (the ECM can only be read by opening the ECM and soldering to the CPU debug port using expensive 3rd party tools).

Edit: look like Cindy beat me to it...

MAXX IT OUT
January 28th, 2015, 03:15 PM
As per the 2010-2015 quick start guide (have you read that?)

http://content.efilive.com/documents/Cummins%202010-2015%20Quick%20Start.pdf

Page 4:
Due to the CM2200A and CM2350B ECM's restrictive architecture, Cummins 2010-2015 support does not adhere to the typical "EFILive process" for tuning supported vehicles. EFILive generally requires customers to first read and save their ECM's tune, then edit the calibrations before finally flashing the modified tune back into the vehicle. However it is not possible to read these ECM’s via the OBD-II Port, (the ECM can only be read by opening the ECM and soldering to the CPU debug port using expensive 3rd party tools).

Edit: look like Cindy beat me to it...

I read it but not in-depth enough, i guess. So you have to find another factory file if you want to go back to an factory calibration.

cindy@efilive
January 28th, 2015, 03:21 PM
I read it but not in-depth enough, i guess. So you have to find another factory file if you want to go back to an factory calibration.

You need to find a factory file to generate the 'base' to start tuning from too.

Cheers
Cindy

GabrielMga
February 3rd, 2015, 01:58 AM
GM Gas E80 engine controller read/flash support (*Note: Parameter mapping not available).

Is there a way to modify this reading? Or is it encrypted?

DURAtotheMAX
February 3rd, 2015, 02:15 AM
Just out of curiosity...who makes the E80 and what it is it used in? A new DI ECM?

GMPX
February 3rd, 2015, 08:08 AM
GM Gas E80 engine controller read/flash support (*Note: Parameter mapping not available).

Is there a way to modify this reading? Or is it encrypted?
All files read with EFILive are stored in our own .ctz format for a number of reasons, there is a lot more data saved in to the .ctz file other than the actual contents of the ECM.

Just out of curiosity...who makes the E80 and what it is it used in? A new DI ECM?
Made by Delphi, not presently used in the US though, but yes 'another' DI ECM currently on some 4 cylinder cars. Same story of ECM evolution, more memory, more CPU power. I suspect it is probably the replacement for the E39 series which is now 5 years old, so the time cycle for replacement seems about right.

cindy@efilive
February 3rd, 2015, 08:23 AM

You'll find the supported vehicles listed on our flash only supported vehicles page, https://www.efilive.com/flash-only-supported-vehicles.

Fwiw, at this point it's only in a Chinese built Buick at this point.

Cheers
Cindy

bobo
February 3rd, 2015, 08:47 AM
This version of the EFILive Tuning Tool has not yet been
configured to display this controller's operating system.

This may occur if...
your controller has been updated by a GM dealer
to fix a software problem.
OR
you are attempting to load an EFILive custom operating
system without installing the matching *.calz file.
OR
you are attempting to load a non-EFILive custom operating
system.

Please save this calibration's *.ctz file
and email a copy of it to: support@efilive.com
so that we can add support for it.

15878459 OS from an 09 LMM A50 controller says it is not supported in V7.5 build 275 for me. Should this be available?

GMPX
February 3rd, 2015, 09:02 AM
Bobo, this is listed as a known issue here with the fix.
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?25095-Known-issues-with-Jan-2015-release-of-the-EFILive-software-and-firmware

bobo
February 3rd, 2015, 09:03 AM
Sent the file to support. I see the CTZ file for the OS in C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\A50

This version of the EFILive Tuning Tool has not yet been
configured to display this controller's operating system.

This may occur if...
your controller has been updated by a GM dealer
to fix a software problem.
OR
you are attempting to load an EFILive custom operating
system without installing the matching *.calz file.
OR
you are attempting to load a non-EFILive custom operating
system.

Please save this calibration's *.ctz file
and email a copy of it to: support@efilive.com
so that we can add support for it.

15878459 OS from an 09 LMM A50 controller says it is not supported in V7.5 build 275 for me. Should this be available?

GMPX
February 3rd, 2015, 09:33 AM
Sent the file to support.
Why? Did you follow my link?

bobo
February 3rd, 2015, 10:06 AM
Why? Did you follow my link?

I did not see it....sorry about that....and thanks for the link!

GMPX
February 3rd, 2015, 10:15 AM
No worries, you may not have seen my link before reposting :D

GabrielMga
February 4th, 2015, 12:36 AM
[QUOTE=GMPX;215490]All files read with EFILive are stored in our own .ctz format for a number of reasons, there is a lot more data saved in to the .ctz file other than the actual contents of the ECM.

For sure.
Which I would like to ask, is if I could modify a reading of these E80s, like I do in other programs (WinOls for example), in a hexdecimal table or 2D view. If this was possible, we would modify at least 10 vehicles now!

Thank you for your patience, GMPX.

Blacky
February 4th, 2015, 05:55 PM
Update available here:
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?25137-Update-Feb-2015

Regards
Paul