PDA

View Full Version : Cummins swap question.

07blueCR
February 2nd, 2015, 05:23 PM
I dont know if this is the right place to post this on here. But I have an 07 5.9 Common Rail I want to put in my 03 1500 Z71. I know crazy right and why do it? Its a project and i want to see if i can do it. I think it would be awesome for somebody to roll up beside me and have to take a double take when they hear that Cummins in a 1500 chevy lol. I was gonna ask if anybody knows where to get a wiring harness for this conversion or knows somebody that makes a wiring harness for it. Sorry if this is not the right place to post this. I saw the gasser forum had an option for conversions but figured some of you cummins mad scientists on here may know where I may find a harness

tylerltr450
February 5th, 2015, 05:34 AM
I would assume you would need all the ecm wiring and trans wiring if keeping an auto and nothing doing a manual valve body.

07blueCR
February 5th, 2015, 05:36 AM
I wanted to put a 6speed behind it. I've got another motor in the works that I am fixin to rebuild. Got a complete wiring harness for it and ECM. I just need to find someone that can make a harness for the conversion.

tylerltr450
February 5th, 2015, 05:37 AM
well im assuming its all 06 -07 ecm and motor?

07blueCR
February 5th, 2015, 05:39 AM
Yep my original 07 that I melted #6 in.

tylerltr450
February 5th, 2015, 05:40 AM
here is a wiring diagram. Use in Internet Explore or Opera. If you cant get it to work I can send you a link to my google docs where I have most of it in PDF form.
http://www.rambodybuilder.com/2006/dr/drmo.pdf

07blueCR
February 5th, 2015, 05:52 AM
I'm workin on my other cummins right now and not able to use a cpu right now. Is this for the cummins harness or to convert it to Chevy? I really appreciate the help man.

tylerltr450
February 5th, 2015, 05:55 AM
Its everything for an 06 07 cummins harness. It shows all you could want for wiring where splices are and what they are and all the different pin connectors its a very useful website. I used this on my auto to nv5600 swap helped out more then you ever would know.

07blueCR
February 5th, 2015, 05:56 AM
I certainly appreciate it!

DURAtotheMAX
February 5th, 2015, 06:11 AM
Do you want to keep factory gauges, AC, and everything else working? Do you have heated seats and all that stuff?

07blueCR
February 9th, 2015, 05:10 PM
Yeah i would like for all the gauges to work. Yes the Chevy is fully loaded has everything.

DURAtotheMAX
February 10th, 2015, 12:15 AM
You're going to need a completely custom wiring harness, and custom tune in the original gas ECM. That harness will have to be fully integrated with the Dodge harness as well.

You will also have to figure out how to mount an LSx 24x reluctor wheel on the crank, so the gas ECM can see a valid crank signal; otherwise the heated seats, AC, and a couple other things that require an "engine run flag" will not work. No, you cant "fake" it or "ground a wire" because its all done over the databus.

Its not going to be cheap...but if you are serious about it, I can build the harness for you so it will be plug and play and everything will work. Send me an email, btdieselworks (at) gmail (dot) com and we can go from there.

Ben