PDA

View Full Version : Known issues with Feb 2015 release of the EFILive software and firmware.

Blacky
February 4th, 2015, 05:53 PM
Currently known issues and possible workarounds for the Feb 2015 release of the EFILive V7.5.7.276, V8.2.2.270 software and the V2.07.77 FlashScan and AutoCal firmware.

Issue 1:
If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
Workaround:
None. It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available.
Issue 2:
The LML calibration segments names are not correct in the EFILive V7.5 Tuning Tool software.
Workaround:
None.

Issue 3:
The 2013+ CME calibrations may have a labelling error where all the 'Base' and "Alt 1' tables are swapped.
Workaround:
None, we are investigating this.

Issue 4:
Logging external* PIDs either in BBL or V7.5 pass-through can result in incorrect external data being logged.

*External PIDs are any PIDs that fall into the following categories:

FlashScan V1/V2 analog PIDs (i.e. wide band analog voltage PIDs)
Wide band serial PIDs
Dyno PIDs
FPE PIDs

Workaround:
None, we are investigating this.
Issue 5:
The "What's New" document lists the following upgrade:
A50 – first transmission calibration release for 2009-2010 LML based operating systems.
It should show:
A50 – first transmission calibration release for 2009-2010 LMM based operating systems.
Workaround:
None.

anarchydiesel
February 6th, 2015, 04:52 AM
When trying to load E35b LMM files onto an autocal or V2 I get error $0185. I have tried this with several autocals and they will take other file types (LML,6.7, 5.9, etc) but will not take an LMM file.

On edit: This only happens with files that were saved using the feb software. I can load older LMM tune without issue.

wesam
February 6th, 2015, 10:41 PM
E92 labels which mentioned in last update still not fixed
it still show 0.02 as maximum value

Blacky
February 7th, 2015, 12:04 AM
When trying to load E35b LMM files onto an autocal or V2 I get error $0185. I have tried this with several autocals and they will take other file types (LML,6.7, 5.9, etc) but will not take an LMM file.

On edit: This only happens with files that were saved using the feb software. I can load older LMM tune without issue.

Error $0185 is "File or Folder not found".
To which folder on the FlashScan/AutoCal device are you trying to copy the file?
Are you definitely trying to copy a real *.ctz file and not a link or some remote/network reference to a real *.ctz file?
Have you tried reformatting the [Data] file system on the AutoCal device using EFILive Explorer?
Aee you using and SD Card on with FlashScan? If so yo umay need to reformat the SD Card, do that using FlashScan menu: F4 Options->F2 File System->F3 Format File Sys.

If you still can't copy a file to FlashScan/AutoCal. plese send me the file (to paul@efilive.com).

Regards
Paul

Blacky
February 7th, 2015, 12:05 AM
E92 labels which mentioned in last update still not fixed
it still show 0.02 as maximum value

Which E92 operating system, and which calibration(s)?
Sorry to ask again but its better to repeat all the information in this thread again.

Regards
Paul

wesam
February 7th, 2015, 06:05 AM
which e92 operating system, and which calibration(s)?
Sorry to ask again but its better to repeat all the information in this thread again.

Regards
paul

e92 os 12663390
b0169
b0170

Taz
February 7th, 2015, 08:20 AM
Hello Paul,

Wesam is correct ... B0169 (PE Ramp In) and B0170 (PE Ramp Out) for E92 OS12663390 are not correct in the latest software release. I opened the same calibration with the current software release, and with an older version of the software - the results differed by a magnitude of 100. The allowable range for those parameters use to be displayed as "0.00 to 2.00", and is now displayed as "0.00 to 0.02". The values in the cells also changed by the same magnitude (e.g. 0.05 before, and 0.0005 now).

Hope this helps ... I didn't check any other parameters.

Cheers,
Taz

anarchydiesel
February 7th, 2015, 09:58 AM
Error $0185 is "File or Folder not found".
To which folder on the FlashScan/AutoCal device are you trying to copy the file?
Are you definitely trying to copy a real *.ctz file and not a link or some remote/network reference to a real *.ctz file?
Have you tried reformatting the [Data] file system on the AutoCal device using EFILive Explorer?
Aee you using and SD Card on with FlashScan? If so yo umay need to reformat the SD Card, do that using FlashScan menu: F4 Options->F2 File System->F3 Format File Sys.

If you still can't copy a file to FlashScan/AutoCal. plese send me the file (to paul@efilive.com).

Regards
Paul

Trying to copy to the "tune" folder on both devices. No sd card in the V2 and no other tune/scan files saved on the V2. I have performed the format all data on the autocals with the same results. Files are definitely original .ctz files. Email on its way.

Chavez91
February 7th, 2015, 02:30 PM
Issue 5:
The "What's New" document lists the following upgrade:
A50 – first transmission calibration release for 2009-2010 LMM based operating systems.
It should show:
A50 – first transmission calibration release for 2009-2010 LML based operating systems.
Workaround:
None.

I think you got your LMM and LMLs switched around again! :angel_innocent:

Blacky
February 7th, 2015, 02:34 PM
I think you got your LMM and LMLs switched around again! :angel_innocent:

:bawl::bawl::bawl:

Fixed now, thanks.
Paul

Blacky
February 7th, 2015, 02:42 PM
Trying to copy to the "tune" folder on both devices. No sd card in the V2 and no other tune/scan files saved on the V2. I have performed the format all data on the autocals with the same results. Files are definitely original .ctz files. Email on its way.

Turns out you can't have commas in the name of files being copied to FlashScan/AutoCal. I originally thought it must be a limitation of the FAT32 file system implementation that is used on the devices, but FAT32 can have commas in file names. The actual problem is the filename and open/create parameters are passed from the PC to FlashScan/AutoCal using a comma separated list.

For example, creating a file called "file.txt" is passed to FlashScan like this: "file.txt,w+", where "file.txt is the name and the "w+" that follows the first comma tells FAT32 to open the file for writing and if the files does not exist to also create the file.

Unfortunately if you have a file name like this: "name,with,commas.txt", then the parameter that is passed to FlashScan/AutoCal becomes: "name,with,commas.txt,w+". That is interpreted by FlashScan/AutoCal as filename="name" and open/creation parameter= "with,commas.txt,w+". Which obviously doesn't work.

For now, don't use commas in filenames. I'll investigate fixing it in a future release.

Regards
Paul

izaks
February 8th, 2015, 03:48 AM
Just some additional info on the AD logging problem.
The values recorded are correct on the dashboard while logging, and only get corrupted when you push the stop button.
If you log data without starting the engine, all data recorded is corrupted.
If you log with the engine not started, and then sart the engine, only data with the engine not running is corrupted, data (e.g. AFR) is correct while the engine is running.

Blacky
February 8th, 2015, 07:14 AM
Just some additional info on the AD logging problem.
The values recorded are correct on the dashboard while logging, and only get corrupted when you push the stop button.
If you log data without starting the engine, all data recorded is corrupted.
If you log with the engine not started, and then sart the engine, only data with the engine not running is corrupted, data (e.g. AFR) is correct while the engine is running.

Thanks for the detailed info Izak.
Regards
Paul

izaks
February 9th, 2015, 07:21 AM
Found another one today.
LS1b CALC.ACPS ( V=RAW({GM.ACP})/51 ) used to report Aircon pressure. Now CALC.ACPS = GM.ACP.

On the AD problem
lOGGING all 4 ad inputs, AD1 + AD2 show high voltage (180+), even though nothing is connected to them.

Blacky
February 9th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Update posted here: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?25152-Update-Feb-09-2015

Regards
Paul