PDA

View Full Version : Update: Feb 2015

Blacky
February 4th, 2015, 05:55 PM
Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.
Both the V7.5 and V8 software was updated in this release, you must update both software packages.
Download V7.5 Software (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.7.276_Setup.exe) (98 MB)
Download V8 Software (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.2.270_Setup.exe) (61 MB)

Release Notes:
Release Notes. (http://download.efilive.com/Software/whatsnew_270.html)

Known Issues:
Check for known issues here (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?25136-Known-issues-with-Feb-2015-release-of-the-EFILive-software-and-firmware).

Please post new issues, questions or clarifications (large or small) in this thread.

As new issues are verified they will be posted in the "known issues" thread above.

Version Numbers:

After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 276
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 270
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.07 (Feb 07, 2014)
To view/update the Firmware, Click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Firmware: V2.07.77 (Feb 05, 2015)
To view/update the Boot Block, Click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Regards
The EFILive Development Team

Chavez91
February 5th, 2015, 12:27 AM
Thanks Guys.

GMC-2002-Dmax
February 5th, 2015, 10:14 AM
Paul,

What changed or was improved/fixed ?

Tony

Chavez91
February 5th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Bug fixes in build 276:

● Some E92 calibrations were showing incorrect axis labels.
● Cummins fuel timing calculator activated for most fuel timing tables. The timing calculator is not supported for stock fuel timing tables in CSP5 tune files.
● LML VIN changing was not working.
● Allison A50 calibration files were corrupt which meant A50 transmission files could not be loaded and/or edited.

Bug fixes in build 270:

● In the V8 [F5: BBX]->[F6: Quick Setup] window, the name of the currently loaded quick setup file was not displayed correctly.
● Updating FlashScan/AutoCal configuration files using the [Check Firmware] button on the main V8 window, then disconnecting and reconnecting FlashScan/AutoCal was not correctly updating some files.
● Black Box Logging for GM controllers would sometimes fail to start.
● Serial wide band O2 data was not being logged.

There might be more Tony, but thats what i grasped from a quick look over of the Notes.

Blacky
February 5th, 2015, 04:12 PM
Paul,

What changed or was improved/fixed ?

Tony

See previous post. Those updates were listed in the "Whats New" document, but were easily missed.

Regards
Paul

swingtan
February 5th, 2015, 06:22 PM
Hi Guys,
Can I ask if the GM BBL Fail To Start issue was where the V2 would not display any valid data and would not write tot the SD card or internal memory?

I found that when attempting to start a BBL session, I'd get all the PID's listed but they displayed as either "0" or minimum values (-40C IAT, etc.). Additionally no data was ever written to either memory.

I'll update anyway and report back.

Blacky
February 5th, 2015, 09:05 PM
Hi Guys,
Can I ask if the GM BBL Fail To Start issue was where the V2 would not display any valid data and would not write tot the SD card or internal memory?

I found that when attempting to start a BBL session, I'd get all the PID's listed but they displayed as either "0" or minimum values (-40C IAT, etc.). Additionally no data was ever written to either memory.

I'll update anyway and report back.

Yes, that was the problem. It should be fixed in this Feb pre-release.
Regards
Paul

catman3126
February 6th, 2015, 05:43 AM
can we tune te A50 now?

cindy@efilive
February 6th, 2015, 08:44 AM
can we tune te A50 now?

As per the release notes.....
A50 – first transmission calibration release for 2009-2010 LML based operating systems.

Cheers
Cindy

swingtan
February 6th, 2015, 09:44 AM
Yes, that was the problem. It should be fixed in this Feb pre-release.
Regards
Paul

OK, I can confirm that this works fine.

I still have one other issue though, and it's been in the last couple of V2 firmware versions. Every time the V2 writes data to either the SD card or the internal memory, it looses the ability to read from either the SD card or internal memory. To replicate the problem....

Black V2 on either of the last 2 firmware versions.

Plug the V2 into the OBD-II port and allow to boot.
Confirm that it reads the last used PID settings (it has read the internal memory).
Start a log using the "power" button and save to either the SD card or internal memory.
Stop the log session using the "cancel" button.
Attempt to read any file, either perform a calibration flash off the SD card or just change the PID selection.
The V2 hangs at "Please Wait..." and can only be fixed with a power cycle, not buttons respond.

Performing any read operations are fine as long as no write operation is performed first. IE. you can perform a calibration flash or change PIDs straight after boot up, just not after the V2 has written data.

Simon.

Chavez91
February 6th, 2015, 12:14 PM
As per the release notes.....
A50 – first transmission calibration release for 2009-2010 LML based operating systems.

Cheers
Cindy

LML? or do you mean LMM?

cindy@efilive
February 6th, 2015, 02:54 PM
Sorry, LMM. I cut and pasted from the release notes, which have a typo.

Cheers
Cindy

Chavez91
February 6th, 2015, 02:56 PM
Sorry, LMM. I cut and pasted from the release notes, which have a typo.

Cheers
Cindy
I was gonna say! [emoji3]

Its all good!

Trans Tuner
February 7th, 2015, 11:09 AM
It seems I have an issue, I sent a current custom tuning customer a tune today (he is already running on a custom tune made with the october release) and after he flashed it in his A40 TCM the TCM appears to be dead - limp mode and Neutral on pid screen. The tune was actually made with the January release, although I re-saved it with the Feb release before I emailed it to him. I also manually converted it, opened it up and resaved it just to try that.

He downloaded the updates and updated the firmware and configs on his AC. I wanted to try going back to the October release and firmware but apparently this isn't possible? I'd sure like to do that before I program him another TCM to get him back on road Monday, I sure don't want to brick another TCM if this is a real issue.

He tried flashing an older tune as well, but no change.

Blacky
February 8th, 2015, 03:51 PM
It seems I have an issue, I sent a current custom tuning customer a tune today (he is already running on a custom tune made with the october release) and after he flashed it in his A40 TCM the TCM appears to be dead - limp mode and Neutral on pid screen. The tune was actually made with the January release, although I re-saved it with the Feb release before I emailed it to him. I also manually converted it, opened it up and resaved it just to try that.

He downloaded the updates and updated the firmware and configs on his AC. I wanted to try going back to the October release and firmware but apparently this isn't possible? I'd sure like to do that before I program him another TCM to get him back on road Monday, I sure don't want to brick another TCM if this is a real issue.

Can you please send me the tune file that was flashed into the A40 that caused it to fail? Send it to paul@efilive.com

Regards
Paul

Blacky
February 8th, 2015, 04:37 PM
OK, I can confirm that this works fine.

I still have one other issue though, and it's been in the last couple of V2 firmware versions. Every time the V2 writes data to either the SD card or the internal memory, it looses the ability to read from either the SD card or internal memory. To replicate the problem....

Black V2 on either of the last 2 firmware versions.

Plug the V2 into the OBD-II port and allow to boot.
Confirm that it reads the last used PID settings (it has read the internal memory).
Start a log using the "power" button and save to either the SD card or internal memory.
Stop the log session using the "cancel" button.
Attempt to read any file, either perform a calibration flash off the SD card or just change the PID selection.
The V2 hangs at "Please Wait..." and can only be fixed with a power cycle, not buttons respond.

Performing any read operations are fine as long as no write operation is performed first. IE. you can perform a calibration flash or change PIDs straight after boot up, just not after the V2 has written data.

Simon.

I've tried to reproduce this problem, but I cannot cause the same failure mode (or any failure mode) that you describe. However, I am using firmware V2.07.78 (which is the latest unreleased version, that should be posted very soon). In this version, I have fixed some scanner related issues that may have been causing the fault that you reported.

Once the new firmware is available, can you please re-test and report back if it is fixed or not, thanks,

Regards
Paul

swingtan
February 8th, 2015, 04:56 PM
Will do. Actually, I'll try on the blue V2 tonight, to see if it still does it.

Blacky
February 9th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Update posted here: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?25152-Update-Feb-09-2015

Regards
Paul

Blacky
February 21st, 2015, 08:59 AM

Just received feedback from "Trans Tuner" (he would have posted this himself but the thread is locked), turns out the output speed sensor sensor had failed, putting the trans into limp mode.

Regards
Paul