PDA

View Full Version : Injectors for non liquid fuels

greasess
February 8th, 2015, 04:55 AM
Does anyone know what effect running non liquid fuels through injectors designed for gasoline might have on them? I was thinking of running hydrogen (NOT HHO) at maybe 75 psi through stock LS6 28.8 lb/hr injectors. I have heard some say that they depend on liquid fuel for lubrication and or cooling. I'm not opposed to possibly sacrificing these injectors to see what does happen. I wouldn't even know where to start for an IFR table or voltage correction table. I think that ECT, IAT and charge temp blending tables could all be flat lined because the hydrogen doesn't have to atomize. I know some of injector dynamic's larger injectors were originally designed for use with non liquid fuels but I would rather avoid the expense if possible and again, I would have no idea where to start with IFR tables and all that. Another concern I have is weather or not an injector that flows 28.8 lb/hr of gasoline would flow enough hydrogen to supply the fuel demands of a stock 5.3. As I understand it hydrogen has a stoich AFR around 35/1 and a flame front speed close to 20 times faster than gasoline. This seems to be a promising and interesting fuel that I'm willing to spend money experimenting with. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.