PDA

View Full Version : Can tune, but cant get scantool working to read pids

cbr
February 8th, 2015, 08:58 AM
E38 ecm

V7.5 on both.

Flashcan v2.

Scantool wont work unless tuner is open.

If i open scan tool, it is connected and shows various pids and dtc's but the dashboard and pids are dead, no live or historical data. Just min/max.

When i hit record the data files are empty.

I am trying to diagnose a mid rpm miss that is not throwing codes but i cant tead any sensors.

Any ideas?

joecar
February 8th, 2015, 12:14 PM
Which V7 build version (do Help->About)...?

Which year/model/vehicle...?

cbr
February 8th, 2015, 02:45 PM
Which V7 build version (do Help->About)...?

Which year/model/vehicle...?

Thanks for checking in. I'll post build version shortly. 2008 z06. Be right back.

cbr
February 9th, 2015, 05:01 AM
Thanks for checking in. I'll post build version shortly. 2008 z06. Be right back.

I could not get back to the shop last night. I'll post details this evening. Thanks again.

cbr
February 9th, 2015, 02:14 PM
V7.5.7 build 245. Vo.o.o build o

I have log files with vin and other numbers but the log files are the same as live : static base data only.

It identifies the ecm as $11 in the obd ii screen.

It can pull and put in a tune in tune tool but i just cant get any live data in scan.

The tune tool is v7.5.7 build 245 as well.

Thanks for any help!

cbr
February 9th, 2015, 04:40 PM
V7.5.7 build 245. Vo.o.o build o

I have log files with vin and other numbers but the log files are the same as live : static base data only.

It identifies the ecm as $11 in the obd ii screen.

It can pull and put in a tune in tune tool but i just cant get any live data in scan.

The tune tool is v7.5.7 build 245 as well.

Thanks for any help!

I did bring the laptop in and donload updates. Its on 262 now.

joecar
February 9th, 2015, 06:19 PM
Does it work now...?

Try this: Update-Feb-09-2015 (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?25152-Update-Feb-09-2015)

cbr
February 10th, 2015, 10:09 AM
OK, i'll try that, thanks; as far as working now, negatory. It wont even read the flashscan now. It pulled up an error message when trying to connect, instructing to download 8. Is there another download for the flashscan? Or will the new link take care of that?

joecar
February 10th, 2015, 02:27 PM
Install both V7 and V8... and then start V8 S&T, click Check Firmware and update the V2 firmware.

cbr
February 10th, 2015, 05:29 PM
Ok, thx. Did all that. Cant figure out 8 just uet but on the new 7.5 it worked intermittently. I saved some log files. Whenever i would add pids and check data, when i went back to data it would only show default values and generated an error message error 4, no info)

A couple of times i unhooked everything and restarted and it worked again, but when looking to new pids it would still error out.

Progress, and thanks for the help so far. Any more ideas?

joecar
February 10th, 2015, 09:57 PM
Did you save the pids to a file after you selected them...?

Post some screenshots (Hosting-an-Image (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?3064-Hosting-an-Image)).

cbr
February 11th, 2015, 02:16 AM
I did. Ill try to pot asap. Today i am traveling so tomorrow is more likely. Thanks for the continuing help.