PDA

View Full Version : delete corvette LS1 DBW

stairman
February 13th, 2015, 11:18 AM
can anyone point me in the right direction to delete the DBW on a 2002 corvette and go to DBC
this is for a full blown road race car that continually has problems with TAC module and TPS correlations using aftermarket 102mm TB

Can I run the car with a 2002 Camaro PCM and just copy and paste my current tables over with EFIlive?

can I use existing wiring to the TB and just change what the wires do, like run IAC and throttle position?

I understand the basics, and have repined the computers before so I have a minimal understanding.

I also know a little about EFI live as I do my own tuning, but it is very rudimentary. The car is tuned speed density, no MAF, no knock, no O2's

any help would be appreciated!

minytrker
February 13th, 2015, 02:07 PM
Are you still running a BCM, stock cluster or anything other factory electronics? It would be way easier IMO just to correct the issues with the tps, tac module and TB than going over to a cable.

stairman
February 14th, 2015, 12:30 AM
yes I am still using a few gauges in the stock cluster, so I assume that the BCM is still running those.
mainly I still use the DIC so I can clear codes.
there is no abs system in the car.
I believe that the TAC module and pedal are ok and that its an issue with the aftermarket throttle body.
I have the same issue on 2 cars, and when I change the throttle body it goes away for a while.
Heck, it may be an issue with my tune but I don't know enough about it.
if I remember correctly the code is P1516 and it goes into reduced engine power.