PDA

View Full Version : v2 bricked

AllOut diesel
February 19th, 2015, 02:28 PM
i was updating my firmware when my computer shut down now my v2 is a blank blue screen and no lights on it what can i do to fix this?

cindy@efilive
February 19th, 2015, 04:30 PM
When FlashScan is in dead poll mode the two orange LEDs will flash alternately. Can you please confirm if you are in this mode, or if there is no lights on at all?

Out of interest, what version were you upgrading from and what version were you going to?

Cheers
Cindy

AllOut diesel
February 20th, 2015, 01:23 AM
No lights at all on the v2 just blank blue screen and I'll have to look at the one I was trying to update to

COSMOS
February 20th, 2015, 03:40 PM
Subscribed, and do not want to have this issue. Allout diesel, what firmware/bootblock did you have? I believe I have to update incrementally.

AllOut diesel
February 20th, 2015, 04:37 PM
I was running the same as the link you sent then it said it needed updated so when I was updating my computer shut down now when I plug the v2 in it doesn't respond at all Iv tried every way to get it to update but it will not connect I even tried a computer that has ever had efi on it and it still will not connect I can see where the computer is sending information to the v2 but the v2 is not sending anything back

joecar
February 20th, 2015, 05:20 PM
Hold down the V2's Ctrl key as you plug it into your PC (via USB port)...

this boots V2 into dead poll mode (amber LEDs flashing in alternation), you can now program firmware into it (using EFILive Explorer).

AllOut diesel
February 21st, 2015, 02:35 AM
Wow is worked perfectly thank you so much