PDA

View Full Version : how do i build a histogram in efilive ?

restless@westnet.com.au
February 20th, 2015, 02:46 PM
how do i build a histogram in efilive or is called something else
and if where do i find it and start ?
thanks

joecar
February 20th, 2015, 04:02 PM
It is called a "map"...

how to create a map is explained in post #1 of this thread (find the CALC VET Summary Notes link): Calc.VET (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15236-Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-(in-single-log))

Basically :

You copy-with-labels a table in the tunetool (say B0101)...

then in the scantool, on the Map tab, click on a map letter (say A),
click the Edit map properties button,
on each of the Row and Col tabs click Paste Labels,
on the Data tab checkmark Names and select the pid you want to map,
on the Data, Row, Col tabs checkmark Show Units,
save the map (give it a meaningful name).

joecar
February 20th, 2015, 04:04 PM
The Calc.VET thread references this thread: CALC-VET-Summary-Notes (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16280-CALC-VET-Summary-Notes)

see: II. Scan Tool Setup -> 2. Creating maps

restless@westnet.com.au
February 20th, 2015, 04:18 PM
thanks Joe
HUMMM not sure what thats about looks a bit complicated for an old guy :doh2: lots of reading i guess ? any one send me some all read done to work on ?
cheers

joecar
February 20th, 2015, 04:41 PM
Ok, read this: scantool user manual pdf, pages 128-131.

Then do this:

In tunetool:
- choose the table in the tunetool that you want to make a map of (say B0101);
- then click in the upper left corner tile of that table, and go rightclick->Copy-with-labels;

In scantool:
- click on the Maps tab,
- click on a map letter (say A),
- click the Edit map properties button (looks like a hand point at a white sheet of paper),
- on each of the Row and Col tabs click Paste Labels,
- on the Data tab checkmark Names and select the pid you want to map,
- on the Data tab checkmark Display Type,
- on the Data, Row, Col tabs checkmark Show Units,
- save the map (give it a meaningful name),
- click Ok (exits the map properties window).

When looking at a map, the n button shows the cell hit counts, the x-bar button shows the average value of each cell.

You may need to filter the data... do this:
- in the map properties set the cell empty count,
- set up a data filter (click the filter button (looks like a hand pointing at a grey oblique parallelogram)).

restless@westnet.com.au
February 20th, 2015, 05:10 PM
i will give it a go thanks heaps
mate cheers

joecar
February 21st, 2015, 01:26 PM
Let me know how it goes (post some screenshots).

restless@westnet.com.au
February 21st, 2015, 03:25 PM
Let me know how it goes (post some screenshots).

HI Joe
so far i have got a couple off map pages up (i think ) and when i run one of my logs it puts # in cells ?? gotta do it slowly as i get confused at 70 Years old :ermm: my biggest problem is not knowing what MY BEN are i guess im just using the generic program ones ?
i gotta do a lot more reading
cheers Bob

joecar
February 21st, 2015, 04:15 PM
Hey Bob,

No worries, I'll walk you thru it...

which wideband do you have...?

do you have FlashScan V2 or V1...?

joecar
February 21st, 2015, 04:17 PM
Are you able to take a screenshot and post it here...?

See this for how to do this: Hosting-an-Image (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?3064-Hosting-an-Image)

restless@westnet.com.au
February 21st, 2015, 04:23 PM
i have a V2 with a techedge 2 wideband , yes i can post a page shot ( i think )

restless@westnet.com.au
February 21st, 2015, 05:15 PM
got to here in 5.7 tune tool , where does it go after you click on past with labels ??

joecar
February 21st, 2015, 05:19 PM
Checkmark Show Units on each of the Data, Row, Col tabs.

joecar
February 21st, 2015, 05:24 PM
got to here in 5.7 tune tool where does it go after you click on past with labels ??

First, in the tunetool, on the table you're interested in, click in the top left blank tile (to select the whole table), do rightclick->Copy-with-Labels.

Then on the Row and Col tabs, when you click Paste Labels, it pastes the axis labels/steppings for the Row or Col from the tunetool table (where you first did copy-with-labels);

i.e. the Row and Col tab's Paste Labels button allows yo to quickly mimic a tunetool table (i.e. removes the work of having to painstakingly edit the axis steppings).

joecar
February 21st, 2015, 05:28 PM
I edited post #14, please re-read it.

restless@westnet.com.au
February 21st, 2015, 05:54 PM
got here ?18049

restless@westnet.com.au
February 21st, 2015, 10:02 PM
where is COPY SPECIAL ?

restless@westnet.com.au
March 7th, 2015, 09:21 PM
Joe
i can get the Generic maps in SCAN tool to change the values in the cells when i run one of my logs

but i can't find in MAPS in SCAN tool the maps i copy with labels in TUNE tool ? (only the generic ones )

don't they go into MAPS folder in SCAN tool after you copy with labels in TUNE tool ? do you have to save them some how in TUNE tool first
cheers

joecar
March 7th, 2015, 10:11 PM
got here ?18049

where is COPY SPECIAL ?
18050You have to highlight the whole table in the tunetool and do copy-with-labels, then you have to goto the scantool map, go into the map properties and on the Col and Row tabs click Paste Labels (without clicking on anything else along the way).

joecar
March 7th, 2015, 10:13 PM
Joe
i can get the Generic maps in SCAN tool to change the values in the cells when i run one of my logs

but i can't find in MAPS in SCAN tool the maps i copy with labels in TUNE tool ? (only the generic ones )

don't they go into MAPS folder in SCAN tool after you copy with labels in TUNE tool ? do you have to save them some how in TUNE tool first
cheersAfter you create a map you have to save it (give it a filename)(and see which directory/folder it is going into).

Post some more screenshots...

restless@westnet.com.au
March 18th, 2015, 07:19 PM
having another go at this
some page shots first one in TUNE TOOLE 18127
second one in scan tool 18128
then i get this page 18130
i cant find copy special ??

joecar
March 19th, 2015, 04:16 PM
Go back to the tunetool, do copy-with-labels, come back to the scantool map Columns tab, click Paste Labels.

restless@westnet.com.au
March 19th, 2015, 05:11 PM
hi joe
ok i have done that , and run my log this is the result ??18134 no idea what it means

joecar
March 20th, 2015, 03:31 PM
Ok, the axis interval steps on both axes match your B5101 Spark Advance table...

now, see how your screenshot shows SPARKADV on the both axes (Row and Col)...

so do this:
- open the map properties;
- goto the Row tab, checkmark Names, select RPM;
- goto the Col tab, checkmark Names, select APCYL_DMA;
- click Save, exit the map properties.

restless@westnet.com.au
March 20th, 2015, 05:00 PM
do mean like this ?18137

way is it that when i run my log the the name cylair grams gets a line through it ?
what are the # that appear in the left column

would you have a look at this log file for me and comment on the KR at low throttle openings at low RPM it seems to be getting a small amount from cyl C,E,F,G,H

darcy
March 20th, 2015, 05:55 PM
Bob, you have the wrong pid trying to be selected for Columns, it needs to be be APCYL_DMA.
If you have the 'Names' box ticked in the propeties, you'll be able to idenify it in th drop down list as {E38.APCYL_DMA}

There doesn't seem to be any knock in that log from what I see.

restless@westnet.com.au
March 20th, 2015, 08:56 PM
HI Darcy
if you set the KR limits from 0.0 to 1.4 you will see it

im buggered if i can find ( E38 APCYL .DMA in the drop down pid list on any of the column ,or row with names box ticked or unticked i do have it in my V2 though and works in my logs ?

darcy
March 20th, 2015, 09:51 PM
Knock <0.3deg in log E38_0026, Bob.

Do you see this one highlighted blue?
It's should be top of the list.

restless@westnet.com.au
March 20th, 2015, 10:55 PM
no mate i dont have that one that i can find
page shot of what i have

i see you have your setting from 0. to 20 on your KR and cyl graphs im sure if you lower your high setting down to 1.5 you will see KR ? i used to run 5 as the high setting and dident notice anything either , what is considered as acceptable KR ? i thought none or less the .5

statesman
March 22nd, 2015, 01:00 AM
Try this;

Open your map properties.

You'll see a bunch of tabs at the top... click on the Column tab.

Now, you'll see a couple of boxes, one with the label "Names" and the other with the label "Selected".

Untick the "Selected" box and tick the "Names" box.

Your map properties should now look exactly like this...

Your dropdown should now have everything available.

Scroll up to near the top and locate E38.APCYL_DMA

If you have an E38 log file already loaded in the scan tool, then you'll have to scroll down to near the bottom to find it...

joecar
March 22nd, 2015, 01:14 PM
do mean like this ?18137

way is it that when i run my log the the name cylair grams gets a line through it ?
what are the # that appear in the left column

would you have a look at this log file for me and comment on the KR at low throttle openings at low RPM it seems to be getting a small amount from cyl C,E,F,G,HThe map shows CYLAIR with a line thru it, which means the pid CALC.CYLAIR is not selected... (it also needs SAE.MAF to be selected).

I thought your B5101 table showed E38.APCYL_DMA as the link pid, this is what darcy said above... your log contains this pid, so change your map to use this.

joecar
March 22nd, 2015, 01:25 PM
HI Darcy
if you set the KR limits from 0.0 to 1.4 you will see it

im buggered if i can find ( E38 APCYL .DMA in the drop down pid list on any of the column ,or row with names box ticked or unticked i do have it in my V2 though and works in my logs ?

That amount of KR is very low, I'm wondering if you're really getting knock.

+1 what darcy and statesman said above...
checkmark Names (just below the drop down) and Selected (E38.APCYL_DMA is already selected, I see it in your log, and I see it in the drop down), and in the drop down it will be near the top ("air flow grams/cyl" and shows E38.APCYL_DMA) with Selected checkmarked.

restless@westnet.com.au
March 22nd, 2015, 03:12 PM
hi Guys
i think i have it NOW hopefully :unsure:
page shot
now the big question ? what do the # in the map mean :thankyou2:

yes im wondering if it is false knock to ?

joecar
March 22nd, 2015, 04:13 PM
hi Guys
i think i have it NOW hopefully :unsure:
page shot
now the big question ? what do the # in the map mean :thankyou2:

yes im wondering if it is false knock to ?You got it :cheers:

see on the map toolbar the button labelled n is clicked... this shows the hit count in each cell; click the button x-bar (x with bar over it) to see each cell's averaged value (for its values over its hit count).

( the up-arrow and down-arrow buttons show max and min values for each cell )

restless@westnet.com.au
March 24th, 2015, 04:22 PM
HOW do i get this page up