PDA

View Full Version : Vats

shay
February 22nd, 2015, 11:36 PM
HI
I try to disable in LML 2012 and it's not work.
I need stand alone ECM
Is someone succeed?
Thanks
shay

shay
February 24th, 2015, 07:18 PM
HI
I try to disable in LML 2012 and it's not work.
I need stand alone ECM
Is someone succeed?
Thanks
shay
????

GMPX
February 25th, 2015, 09:20 AM
Sorry shay, we have no feedback on that working or not.

DURAtotheMAX
February 25th, 2015, 10:03 AM
Just out of curiosity... how is the starter relay control circuit wired? What vehicle is the engine in?

Ive done two standalone LML harnesses so far, one of them seemed to work fine (I never heard back from the customer so I assume it worked fine), and the other one couldnt get the engine to fire. Spent hours on the phone diagnosing it, and the ECM refused to enable the injectors. Had good cam, crank, rail pressure signal...it just wouldnt fire the injectors.

Im almost wondering if the LML ECM shares some of the E38 VATS gremlins? Where it needs to see a relay coil load on the starter relay control circuit (even though the VATS is already turned off) before it will enable starting???

GMPX
February 25th, 2015, 10:25 AM
I was thinking that myself about the starter relay as that was a 'feature' GM crept in around 2010 and up

DURAtotheMAX
February 25th, 2015, 10:30 AM
I was thinking that myself about the starter relay as that was a 'feature' GM crept in around 2010 and up

grrrr where is an LML when I need one to test something on! :ranting:

Whats the point? A safety override to prevent starting unless the ECM specifically receives a GMLAN "crank request" message, and knows it has control over the starter [relay]???

shay
February 25th, 2015, 05:31 PM
grrrr where is an LML when I need one to test something on! :ranting:

Whats the point? A safety override to prevent starting unless the ECM specifically receives a GMLAN "crank request" message, and knows it has control over the starter [relay]???

I disconnect only the vats module to try, it's not start.
The engine not crank , I try to jamper the relay and it's not start to.
Thanks
Shay

shay
February 25th, 2015, 05:34 PM
Just out of curiosity... how is the starter relay control circuit wired? What vehicle is the engine in?

Ive done two standalone LML harnesses so far, one of them seemed to work fine (I never heard back from the customer so I assume it worked fine), and the other one couldnt get the engine to fire. Spent hours on the phone diagnosing it, and the ECM refused to enable the injectors. Had good cam, crank, rail pressure signal...it just wouldnt fire the injectors.

Im almost wondering if the LML ECM shares some of the E38 VATS gremlins? Where it needs to see a relay coil load on the starter relay control circuit (even though the VATS is already turned off) before it will enable starting???

Hi
With what cal you use?

DURAtotheMAX
February 26th, 2015, 12:01 AM
Im using OS 12644094.

shay
February 27th, 2015, 01:39 AM
Im using OS 12644094.
Hi
Is someone know if Efilive support VATS LML disable ?
Thanks

DURAtotheMAX
February 27th, 2015, 02:07 AM
Have you tried wiring in a dummy relay to the starter relay control circuit? Or put a resistor in line? So the ECM thinks a starter relay is connected.

shay
February 27th, 2015, 02:34 AM
Have you tried wiring in a dummy relay to the starter relay control circuit? Or put a resistor in line? So the ECM thinks a starter relay is connected.
Yes

Thanks

DURAtotheMAX
February 27th, 2015, 03:13 AM
Yes

Thanks

ok and even with the starter relay wired in, it still wont start?

So this is what your current setup is, corrrect me if Im wrong:

Standalone harness
VATS disabled with EFILive
dummy relay wired into the starter relay circuit to the ECM
no BCM
no theft deterrent module
manually jumping the starter solenoid so that the engine cranks

And then the engine doesnt fire?

DURAtotheMAX
February 27th, 2015, 03:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVMh3Div9yk

Theres an LML swap.....but I dont know if they transplanted the entire dash/steering column/theft deterrent module, etc.

DURAtotheMAX
February 27th, 2015, 04:12 AM
Well Im beginning to think that there is a more complex fuel-enable routine in the LML ECM....and its not just a simple VATS switch. :ermm:

Anyone up for working on an E38-style VATS patch for the LML ECM? :D

shay
February 27th, 2015, 04:21 AM
ok and even with the starter relay wired in, it still wont start?

So this is what your current setup is, corrrect me if Im wrong:

Standalone harness
VATS disabled with EFILive
dummy relay wired into the starter relay circuit to the ECM
no BCM
no theft deterrent module
manually jumping the starter solenoid so that the engine cranks

And then the engine doesnt fire?
Hi
It is not Standalone harness.
I try on chevrolet silverado 2012 LML with OS 12644094.(no harness change)
I disabled VATS with EFILive and disconnect the theft deterrent module connector:

Engine not crank I try to jumper the starter relay and it's not start.
I try more 4 OS with disable VATS - same.
I try global A in EFILive same.

You don't think I need to disable VATS DTC
Thanks
shay

DURAtotheMAX
February 27th, 2015, 06:07 AM
Last ditch effort would be to wire in a resistor across the ECM relay control terminals (the terminals for the coil of the relay)...and then try jumping the starter terminals of the relay.

That way the ECM still thinks it has the relay wired in.

If that doesnt work, than we're screwed...and going to need a VATS OS patch, similar to the late-model GM gas controllers (E38/E67/E92).

Ross I know you havent worked on the LML in a while, but is there any chance you might be willing to look into this? Maybe some of the VATS/fuel-enable routines in the later E38/E67/E92 controllers carries over to the LML?

IdahoRob
February 27th, 2015, 06:17 AM
I've swapped ecms in LML trucks without issue by turning off the vats. These were complete trucks though. Something to add that was very weird, the one truck had a code issue and wouldn't clear so I swapped the ecm out of my truck and installed into his truck. The codes then came up and corrupted my ecm and wouldn't clear. Took a Tech2 flash to fix both ecms, must of been another module in his truck.

DURAtotheMAX
February 27th, 2015, 06:25 AM
I've swapped ecms in LML trucks without issue by turning off the vats. These were complete trucks though. Something to add that was very weird, the one truck had a code issue and wouldn't clear so I swapped the ecm out of my truck and installed into his truck. The codes then came up and corrupted my ecm and wouldn't clear. Took a Tech2 flash to fix both ecms, must of been another module in his truck.

Rob I think its when the BCM and Theft Deterrent Module are removed/unplugged (IE, in a true standalone setup) that the LML ECM gets grumpy...

Have you tried unplugging the theft deterrent module in your truck and then tried starting it?

Chavez91
February 27th, 2015, 12:23 PM
Sounds like them CAN messages. Its possibly looking for a message that its not receiving because the module is no longer there, and its causing the ECM to freak out. Thats my best guess at the moment.

GMPX
February 27th, 2015, 01:03 PM
Anyone up for working on an E38-style VATS patch for the LML ECM? :D
Not possible even if we found the routine, the OS is RSA protected, no code mods can be done.

Ross I know you havent worked on the LML in a while, but is there any chance you might be willing to look into this?
Unfortunately I cannot do anything right at the moment, I have too many irons in the fire already.

Maybe some of the VATS/fuel-enable routines in the later E38/E67/E92 controllers carries over to the LML?
Not a chance, Bosch is Bosch code, not GM code.

Has the original poster checked DTC's?

DURAtotheMAX
March 2nd, 2015, 05:14 AM
hmmmmm....that is extremely unfortunate. :ermm:

Shay, have you tried disabling the CAN receive/transmit ID tables in EFILive?

DURAtotheMAX
March 2nd, 2015, 05:34 AM

shay
March 6th, 2015, 07:23 AM

Thanks
The vats disable according to Efilive not support

DURAtotheMAX
March 6th, 2015, 07:25 AM
Thanks
The vats disable according to Efilive not support

Where does it say VATS disable with EFILive is not supported?

Did you try disabling those CAN messages in the picture I posted?

shay
March 6th, 2015, 07:46 AM
Where does it say VATS disable with EFILive is not supported?

Did you try disabling those CAN messages in the picture I posted?
They say it's not support:I have confirmed with development that at the moment the VATs disable does not appear to be functional for the LML. At the moment there is no workaround for this sorry.
"
"
I try to disebale can not work

DURAtotheMAX
March 6th, 2015, 07:53 AM
They say it's not support:I have confirmed with development that at the moment the VATs disable does not appear to be functional for the LML. At the moment there is no workaround for this sorry.
"
"
I try to disebale can not work

:(

That is frustrating...did you disable ALL of the CAN messages? Both transmit and receive messages?

GMPX
March 6th, 2015, 09:39 AM
The data pattern to disable VATS on these matches what Bosch had in the LBZ/LMM, if it doesn't work then there is probably little we can do to fix it at the moment.

Lauder
March 7th, 2015, 12:59 AM
is this a replacement engine and computer into a chevy/gmc truck or a stand alone engine into seperate project?

Chavez91
March 7th, 2015, 03:20 AM
Standalone