PDA

View Full Version : Cummins Fuel Timing Calculator

cindy@efilive
February 24th, 2015, 07:12 PM
Looking for some feedback on the Cummins fuel timing calculator.

Support was added in our February software release for most fuel timing tables. The timing calculator is not supported for stock fuel timing tables in CSP5 tune files.

CMB and CMC have been updated, and support has been added for CMD and CME.

Software and release notes can be found in this thread https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?25137-Update-Feb-2015&highlight=calculator

Cheers
Cindy

Mitco39
February 25th, 2015, 02:39 AM
I used it this weekend and it seemed to function just fine. I used it as a check just to see how my timing tables looked and everything seemed to jive just fine. This was in a CMD truck.

ATPCummins
February 25th, 2015, 03:19 AM
I checked the new CME timing calculator against an external calculator that I had been using and it does seem close.

davematthews
February 26th, 2015, 02:30 PM
I have verified it on all of our test trucks. 07, 08, 12, & 14. It seems to be right there with our external calculations... Hard to tell on the 12 & 14 of course without adequate logging. But its right with my external calculations none the less.

BigCE
February 27th, 2015, 08:29 AM
Sweet thanks for adding this to the newer trucks.:thumb_yello:

SASDakota
February 28th, 2015, 10:28 AM
I have seen the calculator spit out some odd numbers (IE: -1,000 or was it -10,000), I am writing two tunes currently, see if I can track down what caused it.

Normally it follows an external spreadsheet I have used in the past however. The issue was on a CMD controller.

jkholder09
March 9th, 2015, 01:53 PM
The calculator has always worked well on the 5.9 for me. So far so good on the newer maps also.
Now how about one for the lml :)

Mitco39
April 17th, 2015, 01:48 AM
I spent a good few hours after realizing the CMD/CME calculators were incorrect and made my own. I know I am late to the party and said I had no issues but after looking and doing some CMCs in between some CMDs and CMEs I realized how much different the curves were that were being produced. The main issue I found was the current CMD/CME Calculator is not taking into account E2710 which is what the ECM follows to put a fueling amount to a torque. For example if you 0 out all the Torque to fuel conversion technically the timing calculator should drastically change as now that desired torque corresponds to no fueling.

Im curious if anyone has stumbled onto the same? This is what I think the timing calculator should show for a 100% stock tune.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/mitco39/STOCK%20TIMING_zpsbz110ibw.png

Open to suggestions.

rbp4u
November 27th, 2016, 12:32 PM
I am too struggling with the CMD calc. It seems to work fine on the CMC trucks that I have tuned but the CMD shows extremely low % of timing when an external calc shows in the 50-60% range. I can post a screen shot of it helps.

For what its worth the upper NM Torque range/wide open areas of the Calc do appear to be correct.

rbp4u
December 6th, 2016, 07:54 AM
After spending more time on it I believe that I have the same issue with mine as mitco39. It not a huge deal, but it would be convenient if it worked. The early 6.7/5.9 seems fine and is very convenient to have.