PDA

View Full Version : New to Cummins

Morgan73
February 26th, 2015, 10:08 AM
I am trying to access my CMD (2012) ECM, after connection to vehicle EFILive recognizes the ECM however when I attempt to retrieve info I receive an error stating
"reading CMD controllers is not supported in pass-through mode". I have used EFILive with great success on Duramax, but am pretty sure I'm missing something.
Any input would be appreciated!! Thanks All!!

Mitco39
February 26th, 2015, 11:48 AM
You cannot read out the tunes (same as the 2011+ LML Dmax's) you have to get the stock tunes elsewhere and then flash them in.

Morgan73
February 26th, 2015, 01:05 PM
Thats my next hurdle, however, my current concern is actually just pulling calibration id etc after hitting the "get info" tab. After I hit auto-detect, it sees the controller and that it is a CMD, but instead of having a green check in the box it has a red "X". Do I need to run the EFILive patch that they provide first? I have licenses available also but havent assigned one yet since its not prompting me? I realize these may be elementary question but I'd rather learn the correct way first and not by an expensive lesson. Thank you for your input, I certainly appreciate it!!

GMPX
February 26th, 2015, 01:50 PM
Have you read through the 'Cummins 2010-2015 Quick Start' ?

Morgan73
February 27th, 2015, 03:07 AM
I have, its explains perfectly, but it seems Im having more of an issue with my setup and not software.

BigCE
February 27th, 2015, 08:33 AM
Double check you have the latest software. Maybe post a screenshot I don't know???

I have read the info on a few trucks and had no issues, I'm not sure why your having problems.

cindy@efilive
February 27th, 2015, 10:26 AM
I think you are in the wrong screen. I think you are in [F3: Tune] -> [F2: Read] and select Auto Detect from there, which is where you got the "reading CMD controllers is not supported in pass-through mode" message from.

As per the Cummins 2010-2015 Quick Start guide you need to be in the [F4: OBD] Screen.

With V8 software open, and your FlashScan V2/AutoCal connected to your PC and vehicle, select [F4: OBD], right click over the engine controller rather than select Auto Detect, select CMD, and then hit Get Info.

Even if you don't have a controller connected to the EFILive hardware, the process will run.

Cheers
Cindy