PDA

View Full Version : Known issues with Mar 03, 2015 release of the EFILive software and firmware.

Blacky
March 3rd, 2015, 02:57 PM
Currently known issues and possible workarounds for the Mar 03, 2015 release of the EFILive Software and Firmware

Software: V7.5.7.279
Software: V8.2.2.273
FlashScan/AutoCal firmware: V2.07.80

Issue 1:
If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
Workaround:
None. It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available.
Issue 2:
Release notes state: Attempting to open Cummins CMD/CME CSP5 tune files or Cummins CMD/CME log files was failing with various errors.
It should correctly state: Attempting to open Cummins CMB/CMC CSP5 tune files or any Cummins log file was failing with various errors.
Workaround:
None.
Issue 3:
When loading a Cummins log file into the V7.5 Scan Tool software the controller from which the log file was recorded is not being detected correctly. That can cause some PIDs to not load and other PIDs to display incorrectly.
Workaround:
Prior to loading any Cummins log file, select the correct Cummins controller type (CMB, CMC, CMD or CME) from the menu: File->Select Controller.
Will be fixed in the next update.
Issue 4:
When flashing E60 (LLY) controllers with a tune file that is flagged so that the ECM is Auto-Locked, the flash will fail but the ECM will be left in an Auto-Locked state, preventing any further flashing.
After more investigation, this bug also appears to affect other controllers, not just E60 (LLY) controllers. LS1B controllers will be leaft in dead-poll mode and cannot be recovered until the updted firmware provided is installed.
Workaround:
Download the attached Firmware_V2_07_81.zip file and unzip the two firmware files into the folder: \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Firmware. You will need to have administrator privileges to save the files into that folder. Then run the V8 software and click on the [Check Firmware] button to update the firmware.
Will be fixed in the next update.

Biodiesel66
March 4th, 2015, 03:16 AM
Is this a Bug saving BBL PID's ?

EFILive Explorer show that the V2 has Options.txt file that is not the same as what is in the C:/Program Files(x86)/ EFILive/V8/Installation Defaults/Config settings.

I have not tried to edit any PID's in close to a year. So I might have missed something?

joecar
March 4th, 2015, 05:28 AM
Is this a Bug saving BBL PID's ?

EFILive Explorer show that the V2 has Options.txt file that is not the same as what is in the C:/Program Files(x86)/ EFILive/V8/Installation Defaults/Config settings.

I have not tried to edit any PID's in close to a year. So I might have missed something?You need to do Run as Administrator when running V8 S&T.

Biodiesel66
March 4th, 2015, 05:46 AM
You need to do Run as Administrator when running V8 S&T.

Joe, I must have missed that class??? LOL

I have never had to do that before!
I'm logged in as Admin.

Never thought I would need to "Run as Administrator" to open the App? WORKS fine doing that way,

Blacky
March 4th, 2015, 08:09 AM
You need to do Run as Administrator when running V8 S&T.

No you don't.
Regards
Paul

Blacky
March 4th, 2015, 08:16 AM
Joe, I must have missed that class??? LOL

I have never had to do that before!
I'm logged in as Admin.

Never thought I would need to "Run as Administrator" to open the App? WORKS fine doing that way,

You have attempted to save the BBL options file in the C:/Program Files(x86)/EFILive/V8/Installation Defaults/Config folder. All folders under C:/Program Files(x86)/ are write protected and cannot be written to by any application, EFILive included. Its a Windows security restriction thing. You should be saving that file to \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config instead.

The problem may have occurred because you opened a file from that folder and the software is attempting to save it back where it originally came from - which it can't do. Try opening that same file from \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config instead. Or use the "Save As" option to save it back to \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config.

The folder C:/Program Files(x86)/EFILive/V8/Installation Defaults/Config is only used during installation and recovery to restore EFILive supplied configuration files back into the \My Documents\ folder.

Regards
Paul

Biodiesel66
March 4th, 2015, 09:36 AM
You have attempted to save the BBL options file in the C:/Program Files(x86)/EFILive/V8/Installation Defaults/Config folder. All folders under C:/Program Files(x86)/ are write protected and cannot be written to by any application, EFILive included. Its a Windows security restriction thing. You should be saving that file to \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config instead.

The problem may have occurred because you opened a file from that folder and the software is attempting to save it back where it originally came from - which it can't do. Try opening that same file from \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config instead. Or use the "Save As" option to save it back to \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config.

The folder C:/Program Files(x86)/EFILive/V8/Installation Defaults/Config is only used during installation and recovery to restore EFILive supplied configuration files back into the \My Documents\ folder.

Regards
Paul

When I opened EFILive Scan and Tune for the first time. It didn't show the selected controller or Options.txt I had saved. So I read from the V2 and clicked SAVE. That's when I got the error.
Now BBL opens and saves to the My Documents/folder as you pointed out. No problems and don't need to run the App as "Run as Administrator".

Dmaxink
March 13th, 2015, 04:02 AM
Anyone noticing more E60 failures? We are having it VERY common lately (since this release its more prominant). I dont know if its coincidence or not, but $0333 (bootloader rejected, locked with custom key, and serial number issues) are seemingly on the rise. We have done v8 and 7.5 flahes, high speed off, alt keys, pretty much all the tricks and still no luck.

Thanks guys,
Kory

Mitco39
March 13th, 2015, 04:09 AM
Kory,

See issue #4.

Dmaxink
March 13th, 2015, 04:10 AM
Kory,

See issue #4.

OMG im a idiot and now "That guy"... shizzzz!!!

LOL, thanks a bunch man.

Excuse the false alarm :master:

IdahoRob
March 13th, 2015, 04:43 AM
Can the correct firmware be added to the March pre-release so our customers don't have to find another link off of the efilive.com site? Thank you,

joecar
March 13th, 2015, 01:50 PM

You should be saving that file to \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config instead.

...Very good point.

clkelley
March 16th, 2015, 10:09 AM
YES!!! Worked like a charm on the E60 I was trying to tune! Thanks guys~!

Blacky
March 18th, 2015, 06:10 PM
Can the correct firmware be added to the March pre-release so our customers don't have to find another link off of the efilive.com site? Thank you,

Sorry Rob,
Each day since you posted this, I've planned to post an update but each day new issues crop up that prevent me (re)building the update. I expect to post a new update in the next day or two.
Regards
Paul

paint94979
March 19th, 2015, 09:10 AM
Never had this error on an LMM before Script exited with code $0322: Conditions Not Correct or Request Sequence Error ($22) pulled fuses, unplugged, etc after attempting a full flash that failed truck will not start now not sure if its a March 03, 2015 issue or not?

Blacky
March 19th, 2015, 09:50 AM
Never had this error on an LMM before Script exited with code $0322: Conditions Not Correct or Request Sequence Error ($22) pulled fuses, unplugged, etc after attempting a full flash that failed truck will not start now not sure if its a March 03, 2015 issue or not?

Have you installed firmware V2.07.81 as explained in Issue 4, here:
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?25243-Known-issues-with-Mar-03-2015-release-of-the-EFILive-software-and-firmware

Regards
Paul

akfullthrottle
March 20th, 2015, 02:58 AM
After updating, all of my COZ and CTZ files are giving me "Error: $0185:file or folder not found" when trying to load onto the Autocal from EFILive Explorer, All files worked before the update, Any ideas?

Blacky
March 20th, 2015, 10:55 AM
Error $0185 can be caused if the folder structure or file system on the AutoCal has been damaged or corrupted. Try reformatting the file system on AutoCal using the [Format Data] button on the [F3: Data Files] tab page in EFILive Explorer.
WARNING: Performing a format will erase all data files on the AutoCal including all tune files and all data log files, so save copies of those files to your PC (if you can) before formatting.

Regards
Paul