PDA

View Full Version : AutoCal Exhaust Light on

beaner5463
March 5th, 2015, 05:44 AM
Just curious on a question I have not been able to get answered. I have ordered AutoCal from PPEI (Kory Willis tune) and I currently have the exhaust light on and flashing and truck is in reduced power.

What I am wanting to know is can i flash my truck with the new Autocal that I will receive and will it get rid of this problem I am having? It will be writing over the ECM so I figured it should make it come out of limp mode. Is this correct or should I have dealership take of this problem before i upload EFI into the truck.

Thanks in advanced.

GMC-2002-Dmax
March 5th, 2015, 06:23 AM
Best to contact Kory and see what he recommends.

Good Luck

swingtan
March 5th, 2015, 09:44 AM
I don't see many diesels, but.... use the Autocal and EFILive to read the current DTC's in the truck. This should tell you why there is a warning lamp on the dash and that will allow you to make a decision on weather you want to clear the codes and rest everything, or take it in to the dealer. Personally I'd be fixing any issues prior to flashing a new tune, unless the tune is to specifically address that issue.....

beaner5463
March 5th, 2015, 06:27 PM
Best to contact Kory and see what he recommends.

Good Luck

Contacted them today and was told I would not have to worry about seeing the dealer about this. Said I should be able to clear all issues and be back up and running.

beaner5463
March 8th, 2015, 10:02 PM
Contacted them today and was told I would not have to worry about seeing the dealer about this. Said I should be able to clear all issues and be back up and running.

In case anyone was wondering, after uploading all lights and limp mode were all taken off DIC Needless to say I was a happy camper.