PDA

View Full Version : need some help with pids. JOECAR?

smokin6.5l
March 5th, 2015, 10:41 AM
Alright i have been working on tuning my truck mainly the maf and ve tables. I recently purchased a innovate lc2 wideband and i have been trying to follow the calc vet tutorial that is stickied by weatherman shawn at the top, but i feel i am doing something wrong with the pids. I believe i might be close to having them correct, but i am not sure. Constructive Criticism is appreciated. Vehicle specs. 2002 silverado 2500hd 8.1L gas with a intake, comp cams xr270HR cam. and true dual 3 inch exhaust NO CATS. For the meantime i am using the wideband with a tailpipe clamp till i can get the bung welded in place. Here is a short log. Mainly just idleing since i am still trying to figure out if i have things right. Also i do have the wideband wired for serial and i am using a null modem. Thank you for your time reading and any input.

joecar
March 5th, 2015, 03:01 PM
I'll be able to look closer at your files later tonite...

smokin6.5l
March 6th, 2015, 10:40 AM
Awesome thank you for helping me out i really appreciate it. I will wait to hear back from you

smokin6.5l
March 6th, 2015, 04:32 PM
i think i might have gotten things figured out but i would like if you could check out my most recent log. The only thing that i am having issues with is why my afr is saying its soo lean.

joecar
March 6th, 2015, 10:33 PM
You first two logs did not have enough data, and not enough RPM and MAP range.

joecar
March 6th, 2015, 10:59 PM
i think i might have gotten things figured out but i would like if you could check out my most recent log. The only thing that i am having issues with is why my afr is saying its soo lean.Your wideband lambda (EXT.WO2LAM1) shows you are very lean everywhere (use lambda rather than AFR)...

post your tune file.

joecar
March 6th, 2015, 11:00 PM
Once we find and correct the reason for being lean everywhere, then you'll need to do some steady throttle pulls up thru the RPM range (with engine loaded, i.e. pulling vehicle).

Lauder
March 7th, 2015, 01:51 AM
in this log why is there 25% throttle at start up as well as idle may be slightly low with the cam 700 ish might be more stable no afr or lambda makes it hard to pinpoint

smokin6.5l
March 7th, 2015, 03:12 AM
Alright i think i am going to do some logging today with it. ill post that info up later. also do you think becuase i am using a tailpipe clamp that i might be getting skewed readings. thank you for staying with me on this. Here is the tune that i have been using.

smokin6.5l
March 7th, 2015, 06:42 AM
alright i finally had the chance to get some logging done while driving. i contacted innovate about using a tailpipe clamp and they said that they dont really read well below 2000 rpm so i guess until i get the bung welded in i will be tuning 2000 and up for rpms. anyways i have two logs that are pretty long and should have some good data for your input. thank you again for taking the time to help me out.

joecar
March 7th, 2015, 02:10 PM
Which wideband do you have...?

You will know that it is working correctly when it shows WO2LAM being pretty much 1.00 (or cycling around it) during CL trimming.

joecar
March 7th, 2015, 02:18 PM
You should probably start with the stock VE table...

take a new log, try to keep throttle steady when/if possible (apply brakes while accelerating up, just once or twice), and post your new log here.

smokin6.5l
March 7th, 2015, 02:38 PM
I am using the innovate lc2 wideband. I will put my stock ve table back in the truck and do some logging when i get the o2 sensor bung welded in place that way i can get more accurate data. I will try doing some braking when accelerating up and will try to make sure to keep the throttle steady and post the new log for your review. I should hopefully be getting some exhaust work done this Friday so i might not be able to post it up until then.Thank you again for your help it is very appreciated. Just for my curiosity am i logging the right pids for the info that i need?

joecar
March 7th, 2015, 11:06 PM
Did you do the heater calibration and free air calibration on the LC-2...?

smokin6.5l
March 8th, 2015, 12:46 AM
I believe i have done both. The heater calibration is the one that uses the lm programming is that correct, and the free air i try to do every time before i start tuning.

joecar
March 8th, 2015, 01:20 PM
Heater calibration: disconnect sensor from LC-2, power up LC-2, wait until LED flashes error code 2, remove power, reconnect sensor, power up LC-2.

Free air calibration: make sure sensor sees uncontaminated air, from LM-Programmer or from V2 command Free Air Calibration.

( uncontaminated air: if sensor is left in exhaust, Innovate recommend to wait at least 6 hours after engine was shutdown... it might be a good idea to run the shop vac on the tail pipe to clear the air in the exhaust system )

smokin6.5l
March 8th, 2015, 02:12 PM
yes i have done both calibrations for the sensor. i usually do the heater calibration and the free air calibration every time i log a tune just to make sure that i am going to get accurate data. i am going to get my bung welded in on friday hopefully and then i should be getting accurate data for every rpm range. when i get it done i will do a log and post it here and wait for your feedback. Again i appreciate the time that you are taking to help me it really means a lot that there is this great amount of support for people like myself
Thanks, Tyler

smokin6.5l
March 13th, 2015, 01:47 PM
well i still havent been able to get my exhaust work done yet but i did get another log done. if you use my filter it should have the accurate data being that i am still using the tailpipe clamp most of the data that gets filtered is below 2k rpm. let me know what you think.

joecar
March 13th, 2015, 02:02 PM
Post your filter.

smokin6.5l
March 29th, 2015, 12:05 PM
sorry its been awhile since i have posted i dropped my laptop and had to have it repaired and couldn't remember my password. blah blah blah. anyways i am not sure how to post my filter but i am willing to give it a try. also i am going to be going out of town i about a week or so but i did end up getting my bung welded in and when i get back i will be getting more data logs for you too look at

joecar
March 29th, 2015, 09:11 PM
Take a screenshot of the filter (i.e. the transient filter).