PDA

View Full Version : Autocal Quick Setup Question

Mitco39
March 9th, 2015, 08:56 AM
Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched on here as well as skimmed through the help document on quick setups.

I have 5 .ctz files to throw on an autocal for a LML. I want 1 of them to stay as a .ctz (stock) and the 4 others to become .coz.

Is this possible to do inside of this program? Ive tried right clicking everything and to the best of my knowledge it looks like it cannot be done leaving me to do them one by one.

Thanks in advance.

Mitch

cindy@efilive
March 9th, 2015, 10:28 AM
Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched on here as well as skimmed through the help document on quick setups.

I have 5 .ctz files to throw on an autocal for a LML. I want 1 of them to stay as a .ctz (stock) and the 4 others to become .coz.

Is this possible to do inside of this program? Ive tried right clicking everything and to the best of my knowledge it looks like it cannot be done leaving me to do them one by one.

Thanks in advance.

Mitch

I'll raise it as an issue with Paul.

I can convert E92 .ctz files to .coz files via the Quick setup, and I can open and Save As to convert E86 .ctz files to .coz files, but I cannot convert E86 .ctz files to .coz files via the Quick Setup.

Cheers
Cindy

Mitco39
March 10th, 2015, 01:57 AM
Thanks Cindy.

It would save me a whole wack of clicks from doing each one individually. I have started even after I change them to .coz just opening them up in Quick setup just as a check to make sure I didn't miss any security settings.

cindy@efilive
March 10th, 2015, 10:18 AM
Changes have been made for the next release.

Cheers
Cindy

cindy@efilive
March 10th, 2015, 11:58 AM
Mitch,

I just want to clarify something with you. The Quick Setup Cal-Only flash option DOES NOT change the file extension, or the file size. Technically the restriction is not converting a file from a .ctz to a .coz.
It restricts the method that the file can be flashed, and if the Simple Menu for AutoCal is used it also determines which menu the tune file will appear under.

If you are wanting true .coz files, then you do need to open the .ctz tune file and save as a .coz file.

Cheers
Cindy

Mitco39
March 12th, 2015, 05:47 AM
Cindy,

I was looking for a way to change the file extension from that window as when I make LML tunes I have to build them all in .ctz's first then convert them over. Doing this in one window would save a bunch of time opening every tune in V8 and saving them individually as a .coz.

If thats the only current way to go about doing this then thats fine, I just thought maybe I was missing something where I could save the .ctz's as .cozs right from that window as it has pretty much everything else a tuner would want.

Thanks

Mitch

Blacky
March 12th, 2015, 11:15 AM
Hi Mitch,

That's a really good idea (I'm kicking myself for not thinking of that myself)
I'll implement that asap.

Regards
Paul

cindy@efilive
March 22nd, 2015, 04:08 PM
Release candidate 1 contains the .ctz to .coz file conversion. You'll find the option by in [F5: BBX] -> [F6: Quick Setup]; select your files and right click to be presented with.....

Cheers
Cindy

GMC-2002-Dmax
March 23rd, 2015, 12:02 AM
Release candidate 1 contains the .ctz to .coz file conversion. You'll find the option by in [F5: BBX] -> [F6: Quick Setup]; select your files and right click to be presented with.....

Cheers
Cindy

Cindy,

Will the conversion process reduce the file size to he true .coz size of les that 600 kb ? or does it keep it as a full 2.32 mb file ?

Thanks

Mitco39
March 23rd, 2015, 02:14 AM
Awesome thank you! I will try it out today.

Tony, as I understand it it will be the smaller size since it will not have the operating system details in it and should be slimmed down for only a cal flash.

Mitch

Blacky
March 23rd, 2015, 07:29 AM
The *.coz file size will be smaller than the equivalent *.ctz file. The size variation differs per controller type. Here's an example of some E92 file sizes before (3.1MB) and after (250KB) the conversion.

Before:
After:

Also, when files are converted to *.coz the "Private" and "Cal-Only" options are automatically set. That is because *.coz files can never be opened/edited in the V7 or V8 software and they can only be cal-flashed because they lack the operating system data. Those two options cannot be removed from *.coz files by "resetting the security restrictions".

Regards
Paul