PDA

View Full Version : 1999 6.0 gm

flyinj
March 9th, 2015, 10:13 AM
I am working on a 1999 6.0 with iron heads has a 224/234/580 lift with 114 sep cam and headers. I disabled all the dtc's and my comanded is not even close to my actual. I did a full flash of a 2002 camaro tune witch was not the same os with a manual to see if it would be any diferant it still did the same thing. i have done a lot of work with the fast xfi just not as much with efi live but have never had this much trouble with one before. I can double my ve table and it wont hardly change my afr. I know that what i am doing is not right but trying to get it to respond.The motor has stock injectors i can get it to make a pull but only with the comanded down around 5 to one and the just makes no sence and when i say its lean i mean like 16 or more to1.this is a pull with the camaro cal in it.

joecar
March 9th, 2015, 04:19 PM
Why did you disabled all the DTC's...?

What vehicle is this engine in...?

Did you correct the MAF and VE tables (separately; must disable the other while correcting one) using a wideband...?

IFR table looks wrong... is your FPR manifold-referenced or un-referenced...? Did yo measure rail pressure...?

Also, your O2 sensors are not switching at all when CL is achieved, looks to me like your PCM is damaged.

flyinj
March 9th, 2015, 04:33 PM
Why did you disabled all the DTC's...?

What vehicle is this engine in...?

Did you correct the MAF and VE tables (separately; must disable the other while correcting one) using a wideband...?

IFR table looks wrong... is your FPR manifold-referenced or un-referenced...? Did yo measure rail pressure...?

Also, your O2 sensors are not switching at all when CL is achieved, looks to me like your PCM is damaged.

The motor is on my dyno right now is going in a rock buggy. I did try to increase the ve table but it did not help my afr's at all . You can see on this pull after 3500 the afr's dropped right off and went lean bad.The other thing that does not look right is my maf. I think it should increase more. The only way I could get more fuel in it is increase the commanded afr and I have to move it a lot. I even went into the ve table on this tune and doubled it after 3500 just to see what would happen and it was still way to lean and the injector duty cycle did not increase.

ProperTuningOG
March 9th, 2015, 04:53 PM
The camaro is going to have different everything than the 6.0.... Injectors, displacement, maf........... Where are you located?

flyinj
March 9th, 2015, 05:30 PM
The camaro is going to have different everything than the 6.0.... Injectors, displacement, maf........... Where are you located?

mn usa I have the original 6.0 tune for the motor I changed injector flow rate,displacement and the maf log looks the same as before . but like I said I don't use efi live much so I am grateful for any help I can get.

acrider2
March 10th, 2015, 12:26 AM
I have worked on this over the phone with him a little. My tuning experience is mainly with duramaxes and i don't do much with gas stuff so my help has been limited. He has had a wide band hooked up on the dyno just not logged in efiLive. It has done basicly the same thing on the original tune and the camaro tune. My thoughts right now are that the MAF is what is pulling fuel. What is the final answer in how much fuel goes in on a gas motor. On a diesel i can look at my pulse width and know what is going on. so to decide on fuel on a gas VE, commanded afr, MAF, injector flow rate. Are those the main tables used? I told him to unplug the MAF and that should default to Speed Density correct? This should identify if it a MAF problem?

joecar
March 10th, 2015, 03:28 AM
Do you have the stock PCM file that came with the engine (or, what was the engine originally from...?)...?

Is fuel pressure regulator MAP-referenced...?

If you think the MAF is bad, disabled it (see below) and run from the VE.

In a gaoline engine, you look these:
- how much air is going in (MAF, VE),
- how much fuel is going to be added to that air (CL, PE, OLFA).

Be aware that in MAF mode, the PCM uses MAF for steady throttle and VE for transient throttle, and uses MAF only above (4000 rpm) B0120.

Disabling MAF:
unplug MAF and check for immediate MAF DTC;
or can do this:
- set C2901 and C2903 to 1,
- set P0101,2,3 to 1-Trip or Non-Emissions,
- when engine starts you want to see a MAF DTC immediately (if you don't then it is not using VE).

joecar
March 10th, 2015, 03:30 AM
From your log, your MAF looks ok, but it needs to be corrected (any change in MAF plumbing on vehicle needs MAF table correction).

joecar
March 10th, 2015, 03:30 AM
Your IFR table is wrong.

flyinj
March 10th, 2015, 04:06 AM
Your IFR table is wrong.

what are you refering to as the ifr table

flyinj
March 10th, 2015, 04:25 AM
what are you refering to as the ifr table
Sorry i did change that to 24 like what was in the origanal cal file.

joecar
March 10th, 2015, 01:46 PM
Table B4001.

joecar
March 10th, 2015, 01:47 PM
Sorry i did change that to 24 like what was in the origanal cal file.You only changed the first cell...