PDA

View Full Version : autocal tune file problem

sdjames
March 17th, 2015, 07:55 AM
I was trying to replace a tune file on my autocal but I accidently deleted the file itself instead of just replacing the content of the tune file I was swapping now it wont let me put any thing in the new file I created. help

joecar
March 17th, 2015, 08:11 PM
Can't you just copy the new tune file to your AutoCal...?

sdjames
March 18th, 2015, 08:48 AM
Can't you just copy the new tune file to your AutoCal...?

It says the file doesn't exist when I do that I'm thinking the new file isn't properly set up but do not nlknow how to fix it

Mitco39
March 18th, 2015, 09:04 AM
If its saying folder or location does not exist you have to update your firmware. If your firmware is out of date to the build of V8 you will get those errors. I see them all the time.

cindy@efilive
March 18th, 2015, 11:46 AM
If you deleted the tune file from your PC, you deleted it.

If you deleted the tune file from the Quick Setup, only the copy contained within the Quick setup is deleted.

Given you are using AutoCal, your tuner should have copies of the tune file, or if your tuner emailed you the tune file you may still have an email copy. All the tune file setup information is restricted to your Tuner.

In any case, contact your tuner to resend you the deleted files. Your tuner will need to make sure that his FlashScan V2 and your AutoCal devices are running the same software and firmware to ensure compatibility is not an issue.

Cheers
Cindy