PDA

View Full Version : LS1Edit to FlashScan

SS-1500
February 27th, 2005, 10:37 AM
FlashScan arrived this past week. So far everything looks great, I’ve logged data and read my PCM.
Problem is I no longer have LS1Edit available to convert my stock tune to FlashScan TUN format.
Is there a procedure where I can convert LS1Edit files to FlashScan TUN format ?

Ladyredhawk
February 28th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Step 1: Read your currant tune with EFILive FlashScan
Step 2: Load your stock tune with Edit into your PCM
Step 3: Read your stock tune with EFILive FlashScan
Step 4: Reload your currant tune from the "read" with EFILive FlashScan

Ladyredhawk
February 28th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Sorry I didn't notice. Are you saying you don'e have Edit anymore?

SS-1500
February 28th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Sorry I didn't notice. Are you saying you don'e have Edit anymore?

Yeah, sorry I wasn't very clear. I currently have a modified PCM and I no longer have access to LS1Edit and would really like to have my STOCK file in TUN format. Any ideas please let me know. Thanks

Ladyredhawk
February 28th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Oh ok. Best thing to do is find someone with the same vehicle and year as yours and see if they will let you have a copy of their stock file and use it to compare only. You don't want to load it on your pcm though unless the seqment 1 ID is the same, could kill your pcm.

Blacky
February 28th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Oh ok. Best thing to do is find someone with the same vehicle and year as yours and see if they will let you have a copy of their stock file and use it to compare only. You don't want to load it on your pcm though unless the seqment 1 ID is the same, could kill your pcm.

If segment 1 (operating system number) is not the same in both the *.tun file and the PCM, then EFILive will not reflash the PCM - prevents any catastrophies :)

Paul

Ladyredhawk
February 28th, 2005, 04:35 PM

If segment 1 (operating system number) is not the same in both the *.tun file and the PCM, then EFILive will not reflash the PCM - prevents any catastrophies :)

Paul

Just another great reason I have EFILive's products!!!!

wait4me
February 28th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Email me at jessebubb@yahoo.com ill set you up for your calibration. Just tell me your vin and ill make a stock computer with the tech2 and then send you the flash. Or i can just make a bin with your os system if it is not an updated one, and set it up to your cars config.