PDA

View Full Version : Access Violation At Address

shotgunbob
March 18th, 2015, 11:02 AM
I have a customer trying to program BBX on an autocal and he is receiving an error (Access Violation At Address) I am not familiar with and that I can not find anywhere on here. 18126 . Any help would be greatly appreciated

cindy@efilive
March 18th, 2015, 11:48 AM
What software and firmware is the AutoCal customer running?
Is he setting up the BBX functions, or have you sent him a Quick Setup, or BBX files to install?
If you have sent him files, is your software/firmware compatible with what he is running?
What controller is he trying to setup?
Is this a first time user, or has he been successfully using the product up until this point?

Cheers
Cindy

shotgunbob
March 18th, 2015, 11:53 AM
He can not even click on bbx with the autocal plugged in. He his on 279 and getting 0502

cindy@efilive
March 18th, 2015, 11:59 AM
He can not even click on bbx with the autocal plugged in. He his on 279 and getting 0502

$0502 in the Error Code.pdf in your V8 software installation states

$0502 Script file not found The script (*.obj) file does not exist on the device. Re-install (or repair-install) the EFILive V8 software, then reprogram the BBx configuration to your FlashScan or AutoCal device using the [F5: BBx]->[Program] option.

Cheers
Cindy

shotgunbob
March 18th, 2015, 03:36 PM
When he goes to F5:BBX the error pops up

cindy@efilive
March 18th, 2015, 03:47 PM
Assuming you followed the instructions and reinstalled V8 software as per my second post, if he's still having issues, please respond with all the details requested in my first post.

Cheers
Cindy

shotgunbob
March 19th, 2015, 02:21 AM
What software and firmware is the AutoCal customer running? - 279
Is he setting up the BBX functions, or have you sent him a Quick Setup, or BBX files to install? - when clicking on F5 he gets the error listed above
If you have sent him files, is your software/firmware compatible with what he is running? - I am also running 279
What controller is he trying to setup? - He is trying to flash an E86 getting 0502. We then reinstalled the 279 and try to go to F5BBX and error pops up
Is this a first time user, or has he been successfully using the product up until this point? - He stocks linked autocals from us and has successfully loaded many tunes out of the same batch of autocals. I have sent him new autocals that will be there fri to see if it is just this autocal or if he is having problems with others as well

cindy@efilive
March 19th, 2015, 11:38 AM
If you are running the same software and are not getting the same error as your customer, then perhaps his download did not complete correctly. He doesn't need an AutoCal or FlashScan connected to open the V8 Scan and Tune software and select [F5: BBX]

Have him redownload and reinstall V8 software. Also ensure he is running the updated firmware posted in the March 03 Known issues thread https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?25243-Known-issues-with-Mar-03-2015-release-of-the-EFILive-software-and-firmware

Cheers
Cindy

shotgunbob
March 31st, 2015, 07:11 AM
I went through and took over the customers computer. I did uninstall and update his software version and I had the same problem. I was able to find when I went into the computers programs and features that the computer had 2 versions of EFILive. I uninstalled both and reinstalled the latest this fixed the issue. I wanted to update this thread and let you know it is fixed. Thank you for your help