PDA

View Full Version : 7.5 not saving changes to .tun files?

RevGTO
March 21st, 2015, 05:39 AM
I haven't tuned on my car in a few years, so I downloaded the latest stable release (262) a few days ago from the website and started working on a tune. I've made numerous changes and each time when I close, the prompt comes up to save the changes, and I've done so. Today I noticed when comparing to another tune that none of the changes I've made have been saved.

In the tune folder, I noticed a .ctz version of the tune I was working on, but thought it was just a temp file for that tune. I made some changes this morning to the .tun file and discovered they were saved to the .ctz file, but not to the .tun file. Previous changes were not found in the .ctz file. Perplexing.

So I presume that from this point on I make all changes to the .ctz version? This is a major PITA because I've made a lot of specific and selective changes based on datalogging and now I have to do them all over again.

cindy@efilive
March 21st, 2015, 09:45 AM
The release notes with build 262 explain that *.ctz and *.coz files are the only valid file formats moving forward, and while *.tun files can be opened, any changes to those files will be saved at *.ctz files.

You'll find the release notes here https://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive/post/software-release-jul-19-2014/

Cheers
Cindy

RevGTO
March 21st, 2015, 02:13 PM
Okay, thanks. "When in doubt, read the instructions." Having been away from tuning for a few years, I didn't suspect how things might have changed.

Curiously, though, the initial changes I made did not save to the .ctz file. Since working from it, though, the changes have been saved.