PDA

View Full Version : new updated autocal getting $0333 code

mpelt
March 21st, 2015, 06:53 PM
Hi I have a new auto cal for 04 lb7. During the first step of trying to read the stock tune from my ecm i am getting the $0333 code. Then on re trying it will unlocking and then the same code $0333. I plugged the auto cal into my computer checked the firmware for updates as suggested on this site and it says its all up to date. I have tried getting it to work about thirty times now. Any ideas?

cindy@efilive
March 21st, 2015, 10:24 PM
The auto update feature of V8 is only activated when a full public release is made.

The prerelease from March 03 did have some issues for Duramax vehicles. The latest release, Release Candidate 1, contains updates for these vehicles and be downloaded and installed from here. https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=25314

Cheers
Cindy

mpelt
March 22nd, 2015, 04:39 AM
thanks, my firmware was from july 2014. However it still does not work after the update installed. Same issue $0333. Any other advice?

GMPX
March 22nd, 2015, 11:28 AM
That error code is coming from the ECM, it indicates that the ECM is locked and cannot be read/flashed. Has it been previously tuned (that you know of)?

mpelt
March 22nd, 2015, 12:40 PM
The truck was a stock one owner vehicle when I bought it a month ago. It has not had any previous tuning. The only time the ecm has been touched was to install two wires for my DSP5 switch.

mpelt
March 23rd, 2015, 07:32 PM
OK, incase anybody cares or maybe to help others who are trying to find the answers I spent two days reading/researching and looking for. I will post what the problem was. First I want to thank and highly recommend ATP Diesel who did take a couple hours of there busy time to help me in a very polite and professional way. My ecm was not locked and had not been previously tuned. I updated the auto cal firmware and that didnt work. I pulled numerous fuses and still no luck, still giving the 0333 code. I tried the pass thru flash method with the alt keys and lock may be faullty boxes checked and the auto cal downloaded my stock tune from the ecm first try. And then with the help of ATP Diesel by telephone and a couple emails I did a full pass thru flash of my ecm with 5 tunes and everything works great. So bottom line was the only way my auto cal could access my ecm was using the pass thru method with the lap top. hope this info helps any others who run into the issue I did. thanks to those who did take the time to offer suggestions and help.

GREENSIERRA
March 24th, 2015, 01:21 AM
I am having the same problem with my V2
I have had numerous tunes in the truck and know its not locked cause I makes changes in the tune myself and now with all the new updates I cannot get a tune in my truck from the 0333 code
would you be able to help me out on how you fixed it?

GREENSIERRA
March 24th, 2015, 02:37 AM
I got it without the high speed on and using the alt key

Blacky
March 24th, 2015, 03:13 PM
Make sure your AutoCal firmware version is V2.07.81.
Firmware version V2.07.80 has a bug that will cause $0333 errors when flashing LLY controllers. And other errors when flashing some other controllers.

Regards
Paul