PDA

View Full Version : B1250

DURAtotheMAX
March 23rd, 2015, 05:15 AM
Any possibility of this table being "unlocked" in a future update?

Thanks
Ben

GMPX
March 23rd, 2015, 08:20 AM
You are going to make me look up what this does aren't you Ben :laugh:

DURAtotheMAX
March 23rd, 2015, 09:27 AM
Ross, Its the table that dictates what "mode" the ECM uses based on various operating conditions (regen, HCCI operation, normal, etc).

Im in too deep right now to give up on this!! :grin:

Mitco39
March 23rd, 2015, 09:28 AM
Ben, you know there are other places you can save weight right?

That looks very cool, i'm intrigued, whatcha up to?

THEFERMANATOR
March 24th, 2015, 05:59 AM
Ben, you know there are other places you can save weight right?

That looks very cool, i'm intrigued, whatcha up to?
Maybe trying out a homebrew roadrunner setup?

SASDakota
March 31st, 2015, 07:01 AM
Or maybe a form of switchable tuning for LML?

Chavez91
April 9th, 2015, 09:05 AM
Or maybe a form of switchable tuning for LML?

Not gonna be happening anytime soon.

Hey Ben. Thx for the Idea on opening up my allison controller xD Im to lazy to desolder the main connections to get to the front of the board.

Gives me something to do tomorrow with the CNCs at work!

GMPX
April 9th, 2015, 09:26 AM
How did I miss this? Ben what on earth are you doing! Aren't the JTAG connections on the underside of the PCB?
FWIW we did something similar to one of GM's new gas ECM's when they first came out, the bottom cover is welded shut! no way in but with an angle grinder........the ECM didn't survive, but we found out what was inside at least.

As far as a Road Runner setup, not possible on these as the flash memory that contains the maps is inside the CPU, not a single external flash chip. Aside from that the older ECM's that Road Runner worked on were operating at a much slower speed, maybe 20 MHz, the modern day stuff is 132 MHz and higher. Pretty hard to make an emulator keep up with that.

For DSP5 on the LML, the OS has an RSA Signature, so no mods can be done to it. I could Email Bosch for their private key but I'm pretty sure they won't tell me :grin:

SASDakota
April 9th, 2015, 10:05 AM
How did I miss this? Ben what on earth are you doing! Aren't the JTAG connections on the underside of the PCB?
FWIW we did something similar to one of GM's new gas ECM's when they first came out, the bottom cover is welded shut! no way in but with an angle grinder........the ECM didn't survive, but we found out what was inside at least.

As far as a Road Runner setup, not possible on these as the flash memory that contains the maps is inside the CPU, not a single external flash chip. Aside from that the older ECM's that Road Runner worked on were operating at a much slower speed, maybe 20 MHz, the modern day stuff is 132 MHz and higher. Pretty hard to make an emulator keep up with that.

For DSP5 on the LML, the OS has an RSA Signature, so no mods can be done to it. I could Email Bosch for their private key but I'm pretty sure they won't tell me :grin:

But if you had control over the table that selects engine modes, that essentially is DSP... No?

Chavez91
April 9th, 2015, 11:49 AM
But if you had control over the table that selects engine modes, that essentially is DSP... No?

If only it worked that way.

SASDakota
April 9th, 2015, 03:21 PM
If only it worked that way.

Hence why I meant it as sarcasm/joking. Hard to tell thru the forums though.