PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Communicate with Flashscan

Chalky
May 8th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Yesterday and I updated a tune and updated my PCM. Did some logging and made some changes to the tune-up. Uploaded that change to the PCM. Following that, I could no longer log and data. I was getting a 2031 error, which I posted under scanning. No suggestions so far.

last night I updated to the newest USB drivers. As of today, I could not even log onto Flashscan. getting a no communication error and of course, I cannot log either.

I re-installed EFIlive and restored original drivers fro USB. Still no luck. The cable shows the USB and OBDII lights flashing.

Outside of the forum, what is the best way to get tech support from EFILive?

TAQuickness
May 8th, 2006, 09:43 AM
have you tried sending an email or PM to Paul or Ross?

Chalky
May 8th, 2006, 09:58 AM
I have two emails on the matter from Blacky. Niether fixed the issue. I was hoping for a quicker fix. We are sending and receiving one email every 24 hours.

The only option I can figure out is the possibility of a bad fuse for he OBDII connector. I checked my manual and reviewed each fuse and could find a bad fuse or a fuse specifically fr that purpose.

Any ideas? car is an 02 Z06

SSpdDmon
May 8th, 2006, 10:00 AM
I'd double check the USB cable where it connects to flashscan. I had that issue a while back and it looked like the connection was fine, but it wasn't plugged in all the way. Needless to say, I felt rather dumb for a minute or two.

Chalky
May 8th, 2006, 10:22 AM
My notebook has 3 USB ports. I tried them all. Notebook is recognizing USB EFI cable. I have split the EFILive cable and the USB cable, I have tried rebooting the notebook, I have tried numerous times to verify the connection at the ALDL. I have unloaded almost but the most necessary programs that normally run in the background. Something changed or failed yesterday after my last tune upload.

Trippin
May 8th, 2006, 10:50 AM
If it recognizes the cable then it seems like the problem is with the vehicle. :nixweiss:

Can/Have you tried another vehicle?

Chalky
May 8th, 2006, 11:04 AM
If it recognizes the cable then it seems like the problem is with the vehicle. :nixweiss:

Can/Have you tried another vehicle?

Notebook recognizes USB cable from EFI. Problem is between USB port and car. Maybe ALDL but I cannot find a bad fuse.

I only have one GM car in family.

EFI popup refers to possible trouble with OBDII connect. I am assuming they are referring to ALDL.

Trippin
May 8th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Will another accessory plugged into the cig lighter work?

Cell phone charger?

Chalky
May 8th, 2006, 11:47 AM
I just checked the lighter. It works fine.

Someone on another forum had the same problem but in a Camaro. ALDL was on same fuse as lighter. Just wonder if Vet is different.

Black02SS
May 8th, 2006, 12:19 PM
I just saw this thread and your email. I am stumped on this one. If you are taling with Paul on the matter he should be able to get you all fixed up. :(

SpeedyZ
May 8th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Here is the ODBII schematic diagram for the 02 Z06. I looks like the power is through fuse 29 to ODBII pin 16. Easy enough to check with a voltmeter. But if the ODBII port has data, shouldn't the EFILive interface power up and lights flash when the USB cable is unplugged?

http://corvetteforum.shelor.net/temp/DLC.gif

Chalky
May 8th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the schematic. I'll check that fuse next.

FWIW, i am new to EFILive but when I tried to connect, the only lights active on eh EFI interface were the USB flashing green and OBD flashing yellow.

GMPX
May 8th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Did all this trouble start after going to the new USB drivers?
When you mentioned that I did have a similar thing on my laptop.....here's what I did (Windows XP).
With the cable plugged into the USB port go to 'Control Panel > System > Hardware > USB ' and find the flashscan device, choose to uninstall it.
Then go to Add/Remove programs and Uninstall the FTDI USB drivers.
Restart the PC.
Download the drivers of the website (which I guess you have already done), then when you plug the USB cable back in point it to those drivers.

Cheers,
Ross

GMPX
May 8th, 2006, 01:22 PM

FWIW, i am new to EFILive but when I tried to connect, the only lights active on eh EFI interface were the USB flashing green and OBD flashing yellow.

With the USB cable unplugged and only the ODB-II lead plugged into the car you should see (with the key on) the OBD LED flicker. If not, then you have no power.

Cheers,
Ross

Chalky
May 8th, 2006, 01:36 PM
With the USB cable unplugged and only the ODB-II lead plugged into the car you should see (with the key on) the OBD LED flicker. If not, then you have no power.

Cheers,
Ross

I unhooked USB cable from notebook, hooked up ALDL, turned on key and observed USB light flashing green and OBD flashing orange.

Chalky
May 8th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Did all this trouble start after going to the new USB drivers?
When you mentioned that I did have a similar thing on my laptop.....here's what I did (Windows XP).
With the cable plugged into the USB port go to 'Control Panel > System > Hardware > USB ' and find the flashscan device, choose to uninstall it.
Then go to Add/Remove programs and Uninstall the FTDI USB drivers.
Restart the PC.
Download the drivers of the website (which I guess you have already done), then when you plug the USB cable back in point it to those drivers.

Cheers,
Ross

Problems started with all original software installed. I had not even upgraded yet until I was comfortable with the supplied version.

When I started having issues, I tried the new USB drivers.

Chalky
May 8th, 2006, 01:42 PM

Well, it was not the fuse. I'm starting to feel like an idiot!

SSpdDmon
May 9th, 2006, 03:50 AM
In all of the software updating, did the Flashscan registration carry over?

Chalky
May 9th, 2006, 04:03 AM
I can go in and verify my license in EFILive Register. When I try and open Flashscan PCM Licensing, it is not recognizing the cable.

Chalky
May 9th, 2006, 07:43 AM
Paul has arranged for a replacement cable to be sent out overnight and I am sending my cable back for review.
:D
Excellent service. Thanks Paul and EFILive!!!:D
:D

SSpdDmon
May 9th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Talk about service, eh?

Chalky
May 9th, 2006, 10:33 AM
It doesn't get much better!!

:cheers:

CTP Racing
May 16th, 2006, 07:54 AM
We are having the same problems with our cable too. I have tried all the same things and nothing seems to be working. Chalky, did your new cable come and fix the problem???

Chalky
May 16th, 2006, 12:48 PM
We are having the same problems with our cable too. I have tried all the same things and nothing seems to be working. Chalky, did your new cable come and fix the problem???

So far, new cable is working fine.