PDA

View Full Version : PCM dot detected V7.5 Flashscan

Hideintire
March 25th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Help...please. Went to crank my 02 Z06 and it hit but immediately died. DIS showed low fuel, security alert, reduced engine power, etc! Would not refire! Tried to hooked up Flashscan and it states "ECM not detected". Any help greatly appreciated! Recently purchased, so I do not know if has a tune or not.
Thanks, Jimmy

joecar
March 25th, 2015, 05:05 PM
Can you connect other scantools to ECM...?

Hideintire
March 25th, 2015, 09:17 PM
Joe, I don't have any others. It connects scan or tune mode to my 2004 Silverado SS.
Thanks, Jimmy

Gordy M
March 26th, 2015, 06:35 AM
Check you battery, disconnect the pos/neg poles and measure with vom. If you have less than 12.5V, the C5 Corvettes are notorious for having starting issues and other electrical problems. Have you had a LCM5 added to bypass the steering wheel lock problem, that usually eliminates the problem but if you have had the GM fix, fuel cutoff, that will still kick in and cause havoc. MAny times the car will not start, other times it will start and immediately die. Also, check the fuse for cigarette light--same circuit as OBD2 plug.

Hideintire
March 26th, 2015, 02:58 PM
Thanks Gordy...the fuse was blown! I hope that's all it was with the scantool, I'll check in the morning. We had a terrible rain, the car was park on slight hill and I left the hood cracked because I was replacing the cowl cover...I think it just got electrical connections damp. I dried things off good and disconnected battery, ecm and bcm connections and waited 30 minutes to reset...cranked right up! Ran fine...hope that was it.

joecar
March 26th, 2015, 10:30 PM
Cigar lighter fuse... good deal.

auspeed
July 8th, 2015, 03:07 PM
I have a car with same issues except it still says not detected on bench harness. and car fires right up with a spare one...
Can they be recovered?

I have been tuning a 2005 VZ SS and the customer took the car & reported poor response & car apparently
went into safe mode. This car is fitted with DBW throttle

I have tried to read the pcm in the car & on bench harness & now comes up "not detected"

Can this pcm be recovered? Anyone know what might have happened??