PDA

View Full Version : New to EFI and having problems loading tunes...

willis_bud2
March 28th, 2015, 07:11 PM
I recently purchased the EFI live V2 scan and tune but I'm having trouble getting started. I purchased tunes from Kory at PPEI and have saved them to my computer. I have tried to use the EFI live explorer to drag a DSP 5.ctz file but keep getting an error message say that "The version of the file being opened is not supported by this software version". I have been able to drag other .coz files and an A_FLASH.CTZ file into the tune folder so I am not sure why I'm getting the error code for that specific file.

I have updated several times and to my knowledge I am current on all software and firmware updates.

Any help and thoughts are very much appreciated.

Tunes are for a 07.5 LMM. EGR is blocked and dpf deleted.

joecar
March 28th, 2015, 10:34 PM
After you updated your V7/V8 software did you also update the V2 firmware...?

( start V8 S&T, then click Check Firmware, follow what it says )

After updating the V2 firmware did you also update the V2 BBx config...?

COSMOS
March 29th, 2015, 02:12 AM
I receive the same message with the updated software below, where are the V2 BBx config files located?
-
-
-

willis_bud2
March 29th, 2015, 04:53 AM
After you updated your V7/V8 software did you also update the V2 firmware...?

( start V8 S&T, then click Check Firmware, follow what it says )

After updating the V2 firmware did you also update the V2 BBx config...?

Yes. Firmware and boot block both indicated current version.

How do I updated the BBx config?

cindy@efilive
March 29th, 2015, 10:10 AM
The issue is the software you are running is 9 months old. Since the release you are running, we've released CSP for cummins 6.7L, and 2010-15 Cummins tuning. We also made some significant changes to file formats, which is the reason for your current incompatibility issue. The software PPEI are running will be current.

The links in the EFILive software for automatic updates is only updated when public release software is available, however the releases I described are in pre release format and need to be manually downloaded.

You will need download and install Release Candidate 1 software from the link here. https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?25314-March-2015-EFILive-Release-Candidate-1

Cheers
Cindy

willis_bud2
March 29th, 2015, 02:15 PM
Thank you Cindy! I will try this when I get back to the house.