PDA

View Full Version : CAX DTC's

DURAtotheMAX
April 6th, 2015, 07:29 AM
Is it feasible to write/use a CAX file to add DTC enablers for controllers that EFILive does not have DTC's mapped for?

Ive found all of the proper addresses for various DTC's in the .bin, I just would like to add them into EFILive so I can turn the DTC's on/off easily in EFILive vs doing it manually in hex.

Also...."generally speaking" are DTC's kept at the same addresses in a single controller throughout various operating systems? Or does each OS for a specific controller most likely have different addresses for the DTC's depending on OS? Im talking older Delphi-era stuff, not Bosch.

Thanks

GMPX
April 6th, 2015, 09:08 AM
Ben I can't think of an older controller we don't have DTC tables for.
Nothing is ever in the same spot on different OS's, that would make life too easy. You have to think too that GM add and remove DTC's often, we need to generate a list of support DTC's for every OS.

DURAtotheMAX
April 6th, 2015, 09:34 AM
Ben I can't think of an older controller we don't have DTC tables for.
Nothing is ever in the same spot on different OS's, that would make life too easy. You have to think too that GM add and remove DTC's often, we need to generate a list of support DTC's for every OS.

Allison 5-speed and 6-speed controllers. :)

GMPX
April 6th, 2015, 10:45 AM
Oh ok, I forgot about them. I don't think we ever looked in to those, I'd be surprised if they were the same as the gas/diesel ECM's, I'm pretty sure Allison did their own software.

ironmax
April 12th, 2015, 01:05 PM
Are you trying to figure out lock up issues?

DURAtotheMAX
April 13th, 2015, 12:38 AM
No, I want to do DTC's for the Allison.

ironmax
April 13th, 2015, 02:10 AM
Sorry, I was thinking pid's