PDA

View Full Version : LMM dsp5 cruise control issue

Bajakguy2
April 7th, 2015, 03:33 PM
Has anyone figured out the quirk these trucks have with the dsp5 tuning and cruise control turned on it shifts constantly in and out of 6th on the slightest hill, not even a hill per say. It seems to be a common issue upon forums with these trucks and dsp 5 tuning. Any rhym or reason?

Dmaxink
April 7th, 2015, 03:37 PM
Has anyone figured out the quirk these trucks have with the dsp5 tuning and cruise control turned on it shifts constantly in and out of 6th on the slightest hill, not even a hill per say. It seems to be a common issue upon forums with these trucks and dsp 5 tuning. Any rhym or reason?

Generally the only time we see this is if the truck doesn't have enough fuel/torque to sustain the gear! Try logging and adding some torque into the area it isn't holding the gear!

killerbee
April 13th, 2015, 02:16 AM
Not aware of a particular dsp5 caused issue. The 5-6 and 6-5 shift on these trucks can be improved, as the CC algorithm does use a lot of "pedal" that we don't use when driving without the automation.

LB72004
April 25th, 2015, 06:48 PM
Had this problem on my LMM. I would take it out of cruise control when approaching a hill just to avoid the hunting

It was actually the TCC unlocking and locking. It can feel like it was shifting between 6th and 5th. I just lowered the TCC unlock MPH on 5th and 6th gears. Now it holds 6th on smaller hills. When it gets too steep it will down shift to 5th keeping the TCC locked. Drive great now