PDA

View Full Version : Known issues with April 13, 2015 Public Release

Blacky
April 10th, 2015, 08:56 AM
Currently known issues and possible workarounds for the April 13, 2015 Public Release of the EFILive Software and Firmware

Download the public release software here: http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive

Software: V7.5.7.281
Software: V8.2.2.275
FlashScan/AutoCal firmware: V2.07.82

Issue 1:
If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
Workaround:
None. It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available.
Issue 2:
A change to the EFILive_Explorer software was made to prevent the VIN from being displayed. However, the VIN is being displayed in the OS column, the OS is being displayed in the Stream column and the Stream is not being displayed at all.
Workaround:
None. Will be fixed in the next auto-update.
Issue 3:
Using the V8 software, VPW based controllers that have a damaged/corrupt seed-key pair (indicated by seed=$0000) may get licensed using a blank serial number instead of the controller's actual serial number.
Workaround:
Don't attempt to activate a controller license while the "Assume Lock May Be Faulty" checkbox is checked.
Will be fixed in the next auto-update.
Issue 4:
V8 trace filenames use the following naming convention: CCCC_T_YYYYMMDD_HHNNSS.htx
where:

CCC = the controller's code (like E38)
T = the type of operation (R=Read, W=Cal-Flash, F=Full-Flash)
YYYYMMDD is the date
HHNNSS is the time.

When tracking down problems, trace files are analyzed by EFILive support in date-time order. Usually when customers send trace files to EFILive support, the files' original date-time stamps are lost and it is difficult for EFILive support to sort the files correctly. To allow the files to be easily sorted, the naming convention will be changed to: YYYYMMDD_HHNNSS_T_CCCC.htx
Workaround:
None. Will be changed in the next auto-update.
Issue 5:
Auto-scaling for V8 Scan Tool charts does not work until at least one chart range selection has been made.
Workaround:
Use the mouse to select a range in the charts at least once prior to using the auto-scale feature.
Or adjust charts' scaling manually, using the MouseWheel and Ctrl+MouseWheel while hovering over the Y-axis of the PID that is to be scaled.
Issue 6:
FlashScan V2 external PIDs do not log correctly using V7 pass-thru.
Workaround:
Use Black Box logging to capture external PIDs.

GMC-2002-Dmax
April 10th, 2015, 09:18 AM
What has been changed in the latest release ??

Thanks for the VIN Help as well

Blacky
April 10th, 2015, 09:36 AM
What has been changed in the latest release ??

Thanks for the VIN Help as well

These are in from release notes:

V8:
Fixed composite PIDs (PIDs that contain sub-PIDs) not displaying their values during Scan Tool playback.
Optimized USB connection between EFILive_Hapi.exe and FlashScan/AutoCal devices.
Removed the VIN display column from EFILive Explorer. To restore the VIN display, edit the file \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config\EFILiveExplorer.ini and add the key ShowVIN=1 into the [Explorer] section.

V7:
No change

Firmware:
Added support for CSP5 switching when less than 5 tunes are available.

Also an important note in the release notes is this:
Your security restriction options on the [Permissions] tab page in the V7.5 Tune Tool software may change during the upgrade to this version of the V7.5 software. Please review those security restriction options and reconfigure them according to your preference.

Regards
Paul

swingtan
April 10th, 2015, 11:19 PM
Sorry, miss-posted....

dmaxdavid
April 11th, 2015, 08:45 AM
Has anyone had trouble logging after installing this software?
I had to start with the preloaded lbz imperial pids and reselect the custom pids from the pid list linked to av1, av2, av3,. If I try to log with the pid list saved from the prior build it displays the message "mode not supported"?

Blacky
April 12th, 2015, 04:33 PM
Has anyone had trouble logging after installing this software?
I had to start with the preloaded lbz imperial pids and reselect the custom pids from the pid list linked to av1, av2, av3,. If I try to log with the pid list saved from the prior build it displays the message "mode not supported"?

When you get the mode not supported error did you only have 1 or 2 ECM PIDs selected? If so that causes EFILive to drop down to "generic scan mode" which is not supported on the LBZ. Try selecting 3-4 ECM PIDs to forec the scan mode to dynamic or higher.

Regards
Paul

zfuller123
April 13th, 2015, 02:10 AM
Can't download the software! Server is broken.... links are broken. Not possible to download the software.

ATPCummins
April 13th, 2015, 03:09 AM
Can't download the software! Server is broken.... links are broken. Not possible to download the software.

Looks like it is working now, Zach.

zfuller123
April 13th, 2015, 03:14 AM
Thanks Mike/Rob... it is working now. Haven't checked since I posted figured it'd be a while before we got an answer since they're sleeping :-)

(not sure who I'm talking to)

ATPCummins
April 13th, 2015, 03:33 AM
This is Mike :)

Wheelz
April 14th, 2015, 04:54 AM
in E92, OS 12663390, the SIDI Injection timing units appear to be incorrect (ie table B1531 shows degrees, but an input range of 0-512 is shown)

Also, and I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere, how long till BB logging of E92 is supported? My laptop battery life is terrible.....

Blacky
April 14th, 2015, 08:27 AM
in E92, OS 12663390, the SIDI Injection timing units appear to be incorrect (ie table B1531 shows degrees, but an input range of 0-512 is shown)

Also, and I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere, how long till BB logging of E92 is supported? My laptop battery life is terrible.....

The E92 calibrations are scheduled to be updated in the next auto-update. We hope that will be within the next couple of weeks.
The E92 has supported BB logging for a long time now.

To add BB logging support for a controller, you need to add it to the blue section of the [F5: BBx]->[F2: Scan] tab page. To do that, click on the green (+) button, then right click on the left-hand grey box and select E92.

Regards
Paul

Yellow05C6
April 14th, 2015, 08:58 AM
Just updated to the new S/W and quickly discovered a PIA issue. In the update (apparently) file properties are automatically set to lock a file to one's V2. I can see where that would be important to a professional. It is not to me as I share files with others. This led to frustration for folks I was trying to help and to me while trying to figure out what went wrong. One has to change properties to allow sharing. It would have been nice to be asked about security properties during the S/W update installation process.

Blacky
April 14th, 2015, 09:46 AM
Just updated to the new S/W and quickly discovered a PIA issue. In the update (apparently) file properties are automatically set to lock a file to one's V2. I can see where that would be important to a professional. It is not to me as I share files with others. This led to frustration for folks I was trying to help and to me while trying to figure out what went wrong. One has to change properties to allow sharing. It would have been nice to be asked about security properties during the S/W update installation process.

Please read the release notes: http://download.efilive.com/Software/whatsnew_275.html

IMPORTANTYour security restriction options on the [Permissions] tab page in the V7.5 Tune Tool software may change during the upgrade to this version of the V7.5 software. Please review those security restriction options and reconfigure them according to your preference.

Wheelz
April 15th, 2015, 08:26 AM
Thanks Paul! I completely missed the that info!

Chevy366
April 17th, 2015, 08:53 AM
After updating to this April 13th, 2015 release I had a error again, this time I remembered most of it -- opened V8 software (Scan and Tune), a pop-up window informed that firmware was outdated, updated firmware got green okay, after pop-up window closed I clicked the "check firmware" balloon button within the Scan and Tune window, a pop-up window opened again, firmware indicated still okay but was prompted that there were errors in some config files, indicated by red check marks beside several of them (configuration files), nice this happens now, would be nice to see an automatic check of config files after a firmware update seeing that wrong config files can cause a no flash problem, or is there one, automatic config file check? Config files were rewritten and all were green.

Have looked for fuses that were indicated to be a problem in the P12 flash and read, none resemble the ones mentioned in the Support answer.
Am I going to get a nasty surprise tomorrow when I try and do a cal flash? Like a none supported controller error.

I rebuilt (as in took the trans out of vehicle, tore it apart, cleaned, used rebuild kit to reassemble) the 4L60E in the TB and needed to lower line pressure from an earlier tune, with the new bands and Transgo shift kit I don't need the pressure up any longer.

I noticed in the "Supported Vehicle" list TB says 08-09 only now.

GMPX
April 17th, 2015, 09:06 AM
Have looked for fuses that were indicated to be a problem in the P12 flash and read, none resemble the ones mentioned in the Support answer.
What does that mean? You couldn't find any of the ones people suggested?

Chevy366
April 17th, 2015, 09:26 AM
What does that mean? You couldn't find any of the ones people suggested?

I don't know, was the Support answer posted here? I didn't think I posted it here. Then I guess not.

Help me out I am stupid and can't find the answer. :secret:

AASQGASA

GMPX
April 17th, 2015, 11:12 AM
Some suggestions were posted to your post in the RC1 thread -
https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?25313-Known-issues-with-March-2015-Release-Candidate-1/page5

Specifically post 46 which has some links to posts suggestion specific fuses.

slows10
April 17th, 2015, 11:56 AM
I don't know, was the Support answer posted here? I didn't think I posted it here. Then I guess not.

Help me out I am stupid and can't find the answer. :secret:

AASQGASA So how did it read/ flash after you pulled the fuse? What fuse fixed your read/flash problem?

Wheelz
April 19th, 2015, 09:09 AM
not sure if this should be here or elsewhere..

was logging my e92, pid GM.AFM, and it is not selectable to plot in a chart or cannot be used in a filter in the current v7.5 scan tool. It did display properly on the flashscan while I was logging.

edit: I attached one of the logs that has the pid logged

Blacky
April 19th, 2015, 12:29 PM
not sure if this should be here or elsewhere..

was logging my e92, pid GM.AFM, and it is not selectable to plot in a chart or cannot be used in a filter in the current v7.5 scan tool. It did display properly on the flashscan while I was logging.

edit: I attached one of the logs that has the pid logged

V7 scan tool does not support chart display for PIDs that contain sub-PIDs.
V8 scan tool does.

Regards
Paul

Chevy366
April 27th, 2015, 06:19 AM
Well tried a calibration flash on the P12 controller, first I used the V2 it rendered the controller inoperable ("dead poll mode" V2 device can still see the controller but no readable OS is present waiting to be flashed) with error $0281, and the truck would not start. So I tried the V8 software Scan and Tune, opened the tune in V8 Scan and Tune and was connected to the OBDII port for pass trough flashing (V2 attached to computer through USB and then V2 to OBDII port), would get a $0101 error (I think the error codes were remembered correctly). I then saw that if you opened the tune through V8 Scan and Tune, "edit", you can access the old flash segment in the tune window, tired that in pass through mode and it did complete the calibration flash and truck started.
As for the fuses, all were back in place after the failed V2 calibration flash, so I guess if the controller is in "dead poll" mode the data can bus is not a factor, so will never know which fuses are the ones to take out for a successful read or flash, the mystery continues.

Oh there is no fuse for the EBCM which was pointed out as the likely cause for the failed read in the Support response. Just so people will know I am not a complete idiot. :secret:

Copied from Support response:

EBCM first

Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM)

Body Control Module (BCM) or Dash
Integration Module (DIM)

Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC)

Radio
(RAD)

Digital Radio Receiver (DRR)

Mobile Communication System
(Onstar)

HVAC Control Module

Driver Door Module (DDM)

Front
Passenger Door Module (FPDM)

If anyone finds the EBCM fuse please tell me where it is so I may mark it (looked through owners manual and fuse layout and no such thing exist in either fuse box).

DURAtotheMAX
April 27th, 2015, 07:44 AM
Oh there is no fuse for the EBCM which was pointed out as the likely cause for the failed read in the Support response. Just so people will know I am not a complete idiot. :secret:.

No fuse for the ABS module??? Of course theres a fuse for the ABS module....

underhood fuse box, pull the two fuses marked VSES and ABS.

Or, alternatively you can also try pulling the "brake" fuse in the rear fuse block. That will just cut ignition power trigger for the ABS module, keeping it in "sleep" mode.

izaks
April 27th, 2015, 06:01 PM
To read and write to the P12 (Atlas) in a Hummer, you have to remove the BCM and radio fuse - works every time.
If you have tried to write without the fuses removed, there is a good chance the car will not start. Remove the fuses and do a FULL flash and the car will then start.

Dmax-Chris
April 28th, 2015, 11:57 PM
Anyone else getting access violation errors when using V8 after the new software update? I cannot click on any of the Tune, BBX or any other buttons... It pops up with this error...
"Access error at address 595AC033 in module 'EFILive_ScanAndTune.exe'.Read of address 595AC033"

It seemed to work fine until I data logged some changes I made to my LMM. Now I'm stuck with a tune I don't want to be running and cannot change it back. Cant Cal-Flash!! Please Help!!!

Chevy366
April 29th, 2015, 05:42 AM
No fuse for the ABS module??? Of course theres a fuse for the ABS module....

underhood fuse box, pull the two fuses marked VSES and ABS.

Or, alternatively you can also try pulling the "brake" fuse in the rear fuse block. That will just cut ignition power trigger for the ABS module, keeping it in "sleep" mode.You know I pulled the ABS fuse and a few others that were labeled with anything "brake" in hopes they were related to the EBCM.
But as you may have read, the failed flash did not have a problem with the fuses since it was in "dead poll" mode.
Had I not been so blind with rage I would have done a Google search and saw EBCM is in fact part of the ABS system and deduced that.
Laziness on my part, I blame GM. :D

To read and write to the P12 (Atlas) in a Hummer, you have to remove the BCM and radio fuse - works every time.
If you have tried to write without the fuses removed, there is a good chance the car will not start. Remove the fuses and do a FULL flash and the car will then start.
Thanks for that info.
Maybe someone can include that into a warning before reading or flashing a P12 in EFILive.

DURAtotheMAX
April 29th, 2015, 06:04 AM
done a Google search and saw EBCM is in fact part of the ABS system and deduced that.
Laziness on my part, I blame GM. :D.

The EBCM "is" the ABS....

EBCM...Electronic Brake Control Module.....also known as the "ABS module".

Technically the "ABS module" is comprised of two parts, the EBCM...and the EHCU (electro-hydraulic control unit)...the EBCM being the brains/control, and the EHCU being the part with the actual valves, actuators, and plumbing.

The EHCU is somethings also called the BPMV, brake pressure modulator valve....same thing, just two different names.

VSES is "vehicle stability enhancement system"....GM's technical term for electronic stability control....stabilitrak.

VSES is all integrated into the ABS module obviously, its all the same system. Which is why you have to pull both the ABS, and VSES fuses. If you didnt remove the VSES fuse, but removed the ABS fuse, you probably only killed half of the power going to the ABS module.

Clear as mud? :D

Chevy366
April 29th, 2015, 07:11 AM
The EBCM "is" the ABS....

EBCM...Electronic Brake Control Module.....also known as the "ABS module".

Technically the "ABS module" is comprised of two parts, the EBCM...and the EHCU (electro-hydraulic control unit)...the EBCM being the brains/control, and the EHCU being the part with the actual valves, actuators, and plumbing.

The EHCU is somethings also called the BPMV, brake pressure modulator valve....same thing, just two different names.

VSES is "vehicle stability enhancement system"....GM's technical term for electronic stability control....stabilitrak.

VSES is all integrated into the ABS module obviously, its all the same system. Which is why you have to pull both the ABS, and VSES fuses. If you didnt remove the VSES fuse, but removed the ABS fuse, you probably only killed half of the power going to the ABS module.

Clear as mud? :D
Funny all the dirt I came up with says the ABS fuse does not disable the EBCM, nor will the Stabilitrak or both, the EBCM controls the ABS, TCS or ST and the other things as you alluded to.
You made me read about the EBCM now and I did not want to have to do that.
So even thought you say the ABS is the EBCM in fact it is not. EBCM controls the ABS, the EBCM is the ABS controller, disable the EBCM and it kills the ABS and Traction Control or Stabilitrak, removing the the ABS fuse/TCS,ST does not stop the EBCM, unplugging the EBCM does.

DURAtotheMAX
April 29th, 2015, 07:21 AM
So even thought you say the ABS is the EBCM in fact it is not

Uh. Yes it is....

The EBCM is another name for "the ABS module". Why is this so hard to understand?

EBCM controls the ABS, the EBCM is the ABS controller, disable the EBCM and it kills the ABS and Traction Control or Stabilitrak, removing the the ABS fuse/TCS,ST does not stop the EBCM, unplugging the EBCM does.

Then you arent pulling the proper fuses.................

I suggested to pull the underhood fuse marked "ABS", the underhood fuse marked "VSES", and the fuse marked "BRAKES". There is NO OTHER POWER SOURCE that goes to the EBCM, other than those 3 fuses.

GMPX
April 29th, 2015, 09:05 AM
To read and write to the P12 (Atlas) in a Hummer, you have to remove the BCM and Radio fuse - works every time.

Chevy366, could please try pulling the two fuses above and let us know how that goes? If it works then we will chase down a BCM and Radio and try to figure out what is going on, unfortunately all our software testers that are able to assist in logging the VPW bus have said they don't have access to any vehicles with a P12.

izaks
April 30th, 2015, 05:43 AM
Chevy366, could please try pulling the two fuses above and let us know how that goes? If it works then we will chase down a BCM and Radio and try to figure out what is going on, unfortunately all our software testers that are able to assist in logging the VPW bus have said they don't have access to any vehicles with a P12.

The only reaon for removing the radio fuse, is to prevent the speaker cones leaving the building at the end of the flash, when EFILive issues the reset.
I nearly had a heart attack the first time it happened, it is so loud.

GMPX
April 30th, 2015, 07:33 AM
Ah ok, who would have thought.