PDA

View Full Version : New to EFI Live 6L90 2500 HD Question

496Stingray
April 12th, 2015, 04:10 AM
First let me state I have used the search function here and done 5 days worth of reading and cannot find a clear answer.

I have worked through a few tunes on the engine side of things and got that where I want it for now, but do not see anyplace to adjust trans shift schedule params?
Anyone worked with EFI Live on the 2011 GMC 6.0 Gasser with the 6L90?
I thought this package would allow me to modify the trans tables do I need a different software or license?

EDIT:
Had a communication error tried it again this morning and it reads the T43 TCM Controller now.
Odd... but digging/learning begins..

-Rob
Mangieris Rod and Custom

joecar
April 12th, 2015, 11:53 AM
Do you see where in the T43 ctz file...?

496Stingray
April 12th, 2015, 02:28 PM
Yep works great. I think powering down the V2 after reading the ECM solved the issue of not reading the TCM.
I am not 100% I have the process to cut back the torque management down yet but the timing changes on the engine tune and the 20% lower shift points below 62.5% throttle have the truck driving far nicer when running without a trailer or a load. The stock HD tuning has the shift points set far above where the engine runs out of power resulting in a part throttle "lift to shift" when just tooling around town. Also city mpg is up from 9.3 to 11.4 just from the spark timing mods I made over the past 5 days. The lowered shift points should augment it. Not that I care too much about mileage but it was more annoying to drive. I left the tow haul settings the same so I can run that when loaded.