PDA

View Full Version : help on Maf Tuning few questions..

MSGHUFF
May 9th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Search feature wont let me seach for 3 letter words.....

How exacty do I recallibrate the Maf? I made up a MAP with BEN in the data, engine rpm in the column, and MAF freq in the row. It looks exactly like the map in the efi-live tune. I hooked the maf back up and drove... it apears as if I am getting the corrections on the map but am still unsure how exacty I got them..... Can someone post a link on how to tune the Maf?

Also I have my VE table tuned up to 4000K as it was understanding that thats as high as I needed to tune it...right?

Thanks -Wayne

TAQuickness
May 9th, 2006, 08:51 PM
You will need to dial in your VE table across the board before attempting to tune the MAF.

MSGHUFF
May 9th, 2006, 09:08 PM
I have it tuned up to 4k rpm so your saying I need to do the entire rpm range?

TAQuickness
May 9th, 2006, 09:32 PM
yup. The VE table has to be right so you have an accurate means to know how far off your MAF is

TAQuickness
May 9th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Also remember, when in MAF opperation, the VE is your back up. So if your MAF fails, you want your back up to be spot on

MSGHUFF
May 9th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Damn it was hard enough logging and updating the VE table below 4k..... when would the car use the VE table above 4k? only in a MAF failure?

Do you have the procedure to recalibrate the MAF so when I get done I can move to it?

MSGHUFF
May 11th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Anyone?

joecar
May 11th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Set up a 1 x 84 BEN map to mimic the MAF table:
RPM vs MAFFREQ (does not really matter what you put across the top)
MAFFREQ goes 1500..12000 in steps of 125
RPM goes 0..8000 in steps of 8000 (see what I mean)

Then enable the MAF, drive and log, and then use this map to apply filter and corrections ("paste-with-multiply") to the MAF table, very much like doing the VE table.

But first, like TA said, make sure your VE table is dialed in.

If you can't hit > 4k, then cheat by setting the "hide low cell count" value to 10, but use common sense.

ringram
May 11th, 2006, 08:06 PM
MAF is almost a 4 letter word (MassAirFlowMeter MAFM) to some around here.
I think the best way to tune it in is with a hammer in the rubbish bin along with the O2 sensors. :muahaha:

joecar
May 12th, 2006, 01:54 AM
MAF is almost a 4 letter word (MassAirFlowMeter MAFM) to some around here.
I think the best way to tune it in is with a hammer in the rubbish bin along with the O2 sensors. :muahaha::muahaha::cheers:

Chalky
May 14th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Set up a 1 x 84 BEN map to mimic the MAF table:
RPM vs MAFFREQ (does not really matter what you put across the top)
MAFFREQ goes 1500..12000 in steps of 125
RPM goes 0..8000 in steps of 8000 (see what I mean)

Then enable the MAF, drive and log, and then use this map to apply filter and corrections ("paste-with-multiply") to the MAF table, very much like doing the VE table.

But first, like TA said, make sure your VE table is dialed in.

If you can't hit > 4k, then cheat by setting the "hide low cell count" value to 10, but use common sense.

Just checking but only need one row for RPM, 8000 RPM? Newbie questions But I am attempting to gain info.